Prayers for a dear friend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an old saying over here that sums this sad situation up......

It never rains but it pours.......

I pray that this is the last of the bad news, sometimes things really do test your faith.......

amateur cutter said:
Hey pete, prayers & thoughts for Ross as well. What part of this lovely state are you in ? I'm usually up for helping out if I can. A C
Thanks AC I will keep that in mind! Ross lives in lower central MI unfortunately all the work we where doing has been put on holds by his insurance company. At this point all we can do is pray and watch until it is declared safe. When that happens we can go ahead with the ramp and splitter ramp maybe some other stuff as well. His long term disability was approved yesterday thank goodness so he can get about 60% of his previous income personally I think that is crap he has paid more for it over the years than he will get back I am sure. We will hopefully be doing a fund raiser at his church where they have already raised a large amount for his family and alot of food. I think all his friends and fellow burners are great help to them mentally when they think how bad it could have been ! There have been people from all over praying and offering there help to there family which has brought Ross ( a big man ) to tears more than once. Woodchip when I said people from over the pond where praying for him he said no way then he lost it and said thank you. I think there may be more blessings than pain in the end for his family.

Thank you all
Pete

It's wonderful that you all have pulled together for Ross. Family, friends, community, it's what makes life worth living.

That is the truth BeGreen! Today was a good day finally Ross was informed the insurance was approved that was really frikin fast for an insurance company. The roof repairs start tomorrow and even better news the local hardware hired him as a customer service rep which means a desk job. Here is the best news his friend purchased a house and when he was in the garage there was a whole pile of stove pip there!!!! So now they have all the pipe and then some what a blessing for them. Thank you all for the prayers things are looking up now his new job will start when he can work and they still don't know for sure when that will be however. The hardware owner said he was talking to a friend that new Ross and told the story the owner is also a assistant pastor at one of Ross's sister churches what a coincidence that is they are smiling again thank God :)

Pete

Pete, that is great news. One can only imagine what he is going through and it is great to have so many who care.

Glad to hear the news Pete. Had a loved one tell me today that "It takes a village" sometimes.......glad to know that things are know going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.