Premium Barefoots vs Super Premium Barefoots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I got a ton of barefoots delivered today ( $283 ughh) I notice they say SUPER PREMIUM BAREFOOTS. I have been using the premium barefoots. 1% ash vs .5% ash.
Is this the big difference or are they even a hotter burn than the regulars..

Pellet quality is gonna be very similar. I really doubt you'll see much difference between the 2. Seeing PFI has dropped the Super premium standard, Next season they will probably be labeled premuim again.

How do you like the BF's?

That's like making sure you buy 'Fancy Strawberry Preserves'. Did you ever see 'Plain Strawberry Preserves' marked on the jar? I'm not sure there really is any truth in what's marked on packaging anymore. Just another sales tool IMHO.

Notice every single washing machine says "Heavy Duty" on it too? :lol: Kinda loses it's meaning doesn't it?

j-takeman said:
Pellet quality is gonna be very similar. I really doubt you'll see much difference between the 2. Seeing PFI has dropped the Super premium standard, Next season they will probably be labeled premuim again.

Love them. Now that I have found a near by supplier that will deliver, I am even more thrilled. Not sure about the price though..

I am having no luck finding Barefoot locally so I might have to take an hour ride west toward Troy.

I tried the email but nothing in a week. I will try again soon thanks.

chrisasst said:
j-takeman said:

Love them. Now that I have found a near by supplier that will deliver, I am even more thrilled. Not sure about the price though..

Hard to choose between saving cash or excellent quality. You definetly want some for the cold season.

Pelletfisky said:
I tried the email but nothing in a week. I will try again soon thanks.

I think it took them a while to get back to me last year too.

Where in eastern PA are you? SOS Stoves in Hackettstown, NJ carries Barefoots. They're about 1/2 hour from Easton.

Millers Egg Ranch in Bangor, Pa also carries Barefoots.

ebengel said:

Im in Jim Thorpe so Bangor would be my best option at this point. Thanks!

I just went outside and looked to see which bags i had. Mine say super premium on them. I paid $299 a ton. I didnt mind paying that for them for a couple reasons. One, you cant find a bad review of them and most who comment about them rave about them and two, theyre an American company so i dont mind paying a small premium for a quality domestic product. Im pretty new at this pellet thing so i dont have alot to go on but so far i really like them. Clean and hot. I like them alot more than the NEWP that i started out with (they were dirty) and slightly better than the Logike that i burned before them.

Pelletfisky said:
ebengel said:

I was quoted 300ish a ton when I called about them...

76brian said:
Notice every single washing machine says "Heavy Duty" on it too? :lol: Kinda loses it's meaning doesn't it?

The one my wife has sez "EXTRA HEAVY DUTY"

Pelletfisky said:
ebengel said:

It was Mauch Chunk when I was growing up. :)

tjnamtiw said:
Pelletfisky said:
ebengel said:

JT since I was born but still Chunk to alot! Funny how ppl from everywhere know Thorpe.

Pelletfisky said:
tjnamtiw said:
Pelletfisky said:
ebengel said:

JT since I was born but still Chunk to alot! Funny how ppl from everywhere know Thorpe.

Yea, it's a great question that will win you a few beers in bars. :)

I bought a ton and they all say super premium. They're a great pellet. Very hot and not a lot of ash.

The one thing I do not like about them is that some of the pellets are very long and I can hear them being broken up in the burn pot. This does not happen with the Vermonts which are superior in my opinion. They are are a shorter pellet, burn just as hot, and less ash.

This year was my first year burning so I wanted to try a few different brands. Next year I will most likely go with one ton of a shoulder pellet and 2-3 tons of Vermonts.

They just priced themselves out of the market by me. My local pellet supplier stopped carrying Barefoot because of their price increases. He used to carry Barefoot & Hamer, now it's Hamer & Great American.

mr coffee said:
Pelletfisky said:
ebengel said:

I was quoted 300ish a ton when I called about them...

Wow what a difference in the ash. Very little ash, very little build up happening compared to the other. Great pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.