Preseason Sales in the Maritimes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Has anyone found a deals on pellet so far this year. Cc are 5.99 at Kent and ee are also 5.99 is there any deals out there in Dartmouth/Halifax area

Last week, Kents had Cozys on for $4.99 per bag. A great deal, in my view. This week, Rona has a deal where if you buy 4 bags you get one free (LGs or Eastern Embers) - it works out to $4.98 per bag. Also, a really good deal and about as low as you will see, I expect. I prefer the Cozys, but will burn pretty much anything if the price is right.

Last week, Kents had Cozys on for $4.99 per bag. A great deal, in my view. This week, Rona has a deal where if you buy 4 bags you get one free (LGs or Eastern Embers) - it works out to $4.98 per bag. Also, a really good deal and about as low as you will see, I expect. I prefer the Cozys, but will burn pretty much anything if the price is right.
That is a pretty good deal for sure. Going to go to Rona and pick some up. Thank you for the info. Also you like Cozy better than ee? Very interesting can I ask why is it price ?

I picked up 30 bags of Eastern Embers from Rona on Robie St last weekend @ $4.98/bag. Their flyer advertised LGs (a Quebec brand) for that price and since the Robie St location didn’t carry them they substituted Eastern Embers. I think the deal is still on til Wednesday. Keep an eye on the Rona flyer as they will often have 15% off all purchases over $100 which brings their Eastern Embers down to $5.10/bag.

Reactions: Rascal08
That’s a good deal. Thanks fedtime. Can I ask why you prefer cozy’s to ee?

Performance-wise, I think they are about the same. But I prefer the Cozys because they seem less likely to cause the "Harman Squeal" - a noise associated with my Harman Accentra from carbon build-up (I think). The EE pellets seem to cause it more frequently, while it is very uncommon with the Cozys in my experience. All in all, I think they are both really good pellets.

Reactions: Rascal08
Thank you for the update. I was at Roma yesterday and picked up 20 for the price of 16 not a bad deal for sure. Have either one of you folks tried the leaf blower trick and if so how does it work for you?

Thank you for the update. I was at Roma yesterday and picked up 20 for the price of 16 not a bad deal for sure. Have either one of you folks tried the leaf blower trick and if so how does it work for you?

I've never used that technique for cleaning. I think some folks use it in cases where they have trouble getting all of the areas of their exhaust pipe cleaned; others just like a super clean stove and pipe.

I'm just careful about cleaning both during the season and in the Spring, and I've never had a problem. Do I get every ounce of ash out of my system? No, but I don't think that is necessary for proper operation. So I don't see the point of it in my circumstances.

thank you again Fedtime for your input. This is my first year with the pdvc pellet stove so I can use all the help i can get from this form. i have watch a few videos on YouTube about this.

I haven’t tried the leaf blower cleaning technique either. Both my stoves vent into a 25’ chimney, and I think it would be most effective for stoves that are direct vented without much of a vertical rise inside or outside. Also you probably wouldn’t want to try it if your pipe terminated anywhere near your neighbour’s place.

Shur-Gain Feeds n Needs is selling Crabbe pellets right now for $4.99/bag! Probably won’t see a better price this season.

Shur-Gain Feeds n Needs is selling Crabbe pellets right now for $4.99/bag! Probably won’t see a better price this season.

Wow - that is a good price. I bought Cozys last year at that price and thought it was a good deal.

My local Canadian Tire just raised its price on wood pellets from $5.99 to $6.29 per bag. Hopefully, we will see better prices here in Halifax this winter.

Rona has a 20% off coupon right now if you buy over $100 of a stock item. Assuming their pellets are still $6.00 per bag, that would mean $4.80 per bag. I'm planning on going there tomorrow to check it out.

Wow - that is a good price. I bought Cozys last year at that price and thought it was a good deal.

My local Canadian Tire just raised its price on wood pellets from $5.99 to $6.29 per bag. Hopefully, we will see better prices here in Halifax this winter.

Rona has a 20% off coupon right now if you buy over $100 of a stock item. Assuming their pellets are still $6.00 per bag, that would mean $4.80 per bag. I'm planning on going there tomorrow to check it out.

I believe they have a few locations in Atlantic Canada, I used the one in Saint John. Unfortunately, they do not deliver.

hello pellet burners, has anyone found any deals on pellets so far this fall in the hrm area?

As far as I know, so far the best deal this year has been Cozys at Kent for $4.99 per bag back in Sept/October. They are now back up to $5.99 per bag.

Walmart has their own store brand at $5.89. I am not aware who makes those or how they burn.

Can Tire is $6.19 per bag; Rona is $6.09 per bag.

Also, there is a clearance outlet over in Dartmouth (Benji's Bargains on Mount Hope) that will sell Eastern Embers for $4.99 per bag, but I'm told you have to buy a full pallet to get that price. When I need more pellets, that is where I am headed.

Has anyone tried Benji's Bargains yet?

Thanks for the update feedtime. Have not heard about this discount place, so thank you for the info. I live close to that area so I will go over and check it out.

Home Depot in Bayer’s Lake has Eastern Embers on sale for $4.99, I think until the end of the month. I picked up 10 today and plan on going back for at least 10 more. Not sure but I think it’s cash and carry only.

Update on Benji’s was in yesterday and bought 10 bags of Eastern embers for 4.99 a bag. Good deal for sure. They also sell pallets of 75 for the same price plus a 10$ delivery charge if you live in the Dartmouth area. I believe if you buy more the delivery charge goes down.

CT in Cole Harbour. 6.29 bought 6 bags to try them out. I’ve been burning cozy but find for some reason there is way more ash than last year in my pdvc stove.