Pressure regulator for Jotul gas stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Steve Awodey

May 16, 2021
Pittsburgh
I am trying to get a Jotul GF 400 DV to work on a 100 lb. propane tank. What pressure regulator should I use?
The manual says it needs min. 12" WC supply pressure, but a standard low pressure regulator is preset at 11" WC.
A high pressure one is usually something like 0-20 PSI - which I guess is going to be way too high?
Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any advice!

I am trying to get a Jotul GF 400 DV to work on a 100 lb. propane tank. What pressure regulator should I use?
The manual says it needs min. 12" WC supply pressure, but a standard low pressure regulator is preset at 11" WC.
A high pressure one is usually something like 0-20 PSI - which I guess is going to be way too high?
Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any advice!
Do you mean the regulator at the tank? If so, then just adjust it to the proper supply pressure for your fireplace.