Princess insert install quote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Curious burn times- wood you are burning- t-stat setting-cat temperature at low burn and fan setting.Nice looking setup you have.
Got the insert installed today.

I had pre-fabricated a block off plate and they installed it without questioning. They also blocked the gap between the liner and flue at the top. So this is as good as it's gonna get!

I plan to buy a fiberglass ember rug and set it on top of a steel plate on top of the wood floor. Will that get me up to code? Which rug is the best one out there? I need a rectangle about 18" by 48"

Burn-in fire planned for tomorrow. One hour at 400 stove top temp? Then two more fires up to 600?

He said I can't use newspaper to start the fire, but I don't see that prohibited in the manual.

Any other tips for a first timer? View attachment 195813

Is their a besement underneath that floor? Run a new eletric outlet on the same side of the power cord.

Yes, though the basement is finished so I will have to see if I can get a romex run through the drop ceiling

As I'm cutting back the thermostat, what does it mean when it clicks and the air damper slams shut? Is that preventing me from stalling the cat by accident? Sometimes it shuts down at "four dots" position, sometimes at "two dots"

Also is it possible to overwhelm the catalyst with smoke? I just threw 8 or 9 good size oak splits on top of hot coals. Cat thermometer is 2/3 into active zone. Honeycomb cells are glowing orange, but it's belching thick white smoke out of my chimney. Is it possible to offgas so much smoke that the surface area of the cat is overwhelmed?

Also is it possible to overwhelm the catalyst with smoke? I just threw 8 or 9 good size oak splits on top of hot coals. Cat thermometer is 2/3 into active zone. Honeycomb cells are glowing orange, but it's belching thick white smoke out of my chimney. Is it possible to offgas so much smoke that the surface area of the cat is overwhelmed?

I can't answer your questions about operation of your insert but just thought I'd suggest that you ask these types of things over in the Blaze King Performance thread. Those guys communicate with each other all the time and can help you understand and troubleshoot if necessary.

Some people turn down the t stat(thermostat) with in one motion others do it with small steps. So it kinda factors with wood, moisture and draft. I have my BK now for 3 years and i run it way better then when i first got it cause i learned about how all the factors play into the burnijg process. White gas could be steam and to be honest with you i never pay attention to smoke coming out my chimney, if the cat is active its def doing its job by putting out way less pollution.

In the end if you clean it yourself or watch a comonay do it youll see how clean they burn when barely nothing comes out for all the wood you out threw it.

Buy yourself a moisture meter, also since you have a insert not sure what you use for a flew probe or if you can even use one. Maybe others can answer that one.