Problem with Quad MVAE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PelletGirl

Burning Hunk
Oct 25, 2014
Long Island, NY
I have been using my stove for a few years with minimal issues. It's been warm so I haven't used it in a few days. Today I tried to use it and it won't turn on. My house is now 64 degrees. The temperature on the thermostat is set at 72 and it just says READY. Why is it not going on? There are pellets in the hopper. The lid is closed. The door is closed. It is plugged in. What am I missing??? Thank you.

If it says ready, but no attempt to light, then stove does not think thermostat is calling for heat. Otherwise, it should throw an error code. Maybe this will help--

You can't connect to it, there is special software for that and it only comes from HHT. It has stopped working on computers with windows 10&11 and computers with out adobe flash player.
If the control is in the on setting and not doing anything it may be bad and needs replacing.
You could try setting to a warmer temperature than 72F. May be out of calibration.

Thank you. We did the non-tech things of turning it on and off, unplugging and plugging it back in, pushing all kind of buttons lol. Not sure what did it but it's working again. I guess electronics will glitch from time to time and tend to wear out as they get older.