Production Delays on Jotul Inserts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famer

Aug 18, 2008
NJ
I just called a local dealer and they told me that they won't be getting any new inserts from Jotul until mid-December! Has anyone else heard this? I thought I was getting a bit of a jump on things ordering an insert now, but I guess not...if I want a Jotul.

I am also considering the VC Montpelier. However, it's a new model and with all the hub-bub about VC lately, I'm not sure I want to go that route and was really leaning toward the Jotul (Rockland).

Can anyone confirm or deny what I heard today about Jotul?

Wow. Glad I jumped on my 550 Rockland in May. I was in Nordic Stove in Stamford a few weeks ago and they had otul stoves in stock, but I didn't inquire about them. Booking an installer before the dead of Winter seemed to be a bigger problem then. I can only imagine its going to get unreal starting Labor Day.

That's confirmed. I just left my local dealer (ordered a pearl Jotul Firelight). Another person at the counter inquired on a Jotul insert. The dealers comment was that "They were told not to place any on order until further notice".

When I ordered my C550 Rockland back in June, the guy at the store said it was already getting crazy. I was the 24th order of that month and was told they typically only sell 1 - 3 stoves/inserts per month during June, July and August.

A few weeks back the installers said that any stoves purchased now will not be installed until late December/early January at the earliest.

I guess they weren't kidding.

When I ordered my 550 in November it took 3 months to get it.....and that was last winter.

I ordered my C550 Rockland at the end of June. Preston's delivered it this past Sat. It's now sitting in the middle of my living room floor awaiting it's install next wednesday....guess I got lucky!

Ordered a C550 Rockland the middle of July from Preston Trading Post. They said it would be delivered the end of Aug or beginning of Sept.

KorasDad

I just spoke to another local dealer and they said they are expecting more Jotuls in by mid-October. They told me that Jotul is in the process of changing blower manufacturers and that's the hold up. So once they get the new blowers in, inserts should be moving out the door again. I hope so.

The news that you've heard is correct - the Jotul Rockland 550 (I'm not sure about other models) is on backorder. My husband and I just ordered ours about 2 weeks ago, and were told they'd be coming in the first week of November if we were lucky. We're thinking it's going to be a hell of a winter so hopefully the company can get them out to its customers ASAP.

I can only speak for my own area, but I do know that Enviro and Pacific Energy are running ads almost weekly for employees. They just can`t seem to keep them or else they are paying not enough in wages and benefits? So, I am thinking they must be getting behind in production as well.??

Actuallyl, I have even thought about going to work for one of those places for a week just to get the scoop. But I don`t need the loot. so nada,nada.

Which begs the question? anyone out there experiencing problems trying to buy a PE? If you are, it ain`t because of steel, rather because of no labour? like the lack of !!

I found a Jotul 550 Rockland and purchased it July 15th and had it installed by July 21st. I guess I got real lucky. I'm waiting for the temperature here in upsatate NY to drop enough to light it up. Wood has been drying all summer stacked in rows and is getting very ready to burn.

Hello,

I purchased a Jotul Rockland two weeks ago on a tax free day and I won't be receiving it until December or January... The Dealer said he did over $100,000 in business on the tax free day. He had a small VC insert in stock but it has a catalytic converter and I didn't want to go there..

With Jotul, as I understand it, they come on boat from Norway to Maine. That could explain why they tend to run out.

This seem to be the word on the street, the manufacturers arent keeping up with demand. The only woodburning stoves my local shop has been able to get recently aloted to them is Travis (fireplace xtrordinair). Just had the Elite 36 installed and a Jotul 550 installed in may 08. At the beginning of the year all models were in the wharehouse but I dragged my feet with permits. The shop is pulling stoves out of display on account the manufacturers are lagging, I will be patient and wait for stove #3 that we want for a second floor, is there is a rumored jotul zero clearance in the works? will post on that queary soon..... . Good luck!

Hi,
Just an FYI... Last week I went in to my dealership to make the final payment for my Jotul Rockland 550 that I purchased in July, My dealer mentioned that Jotul was behind on 600 units for the 550 (When I purchased the insert they mentioned that Jotul was backorder by 50 units).

When I bought my insert last winter the Jotul 550's were on backorder. That's one of the reasons I ended up with the Hampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.