Progress hybrid install update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joyboy

Burning Hunk
Jan 22, 2017
Wyoming
We just received our stove.

Initial thoughts.

Wow this stove is heavy!
Packaging was really good.
Stove fit and finish looks excellent!

First words from wife when she saw it " um, you did good!" Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 400
Very nice stove there... Can't wait to see the final install pictures!

Congrats on a beautiful stove! Make sure you let us know what you think after it is all installed and running.

It's going to be a while on the install pics but will definitely add them.

This is where we are at on fireplace right now. Mason comes in next week! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 237
It's a beautiful stove, and it is a heating monster. I predict you will love it!

IMG_666.jpg
It's been a while but I have finally been able to have a few fires in the new stove.

Last couple weeks it's been raining with lower 50's in the day and middle 30's at night so I've got to play a little.

It took a while for it to initially heat up. It amazed me how much heat the rock alcove around it soaks up. I can see why people might have trouble in unfinished basements. Kinda worried me at first but the longer it burned the further away we got. Eventually ran us out of the room.

I have been burning lodgepole pine and have been getting 10 hours of good heat. 275-400 degrees on top. Enough coals to relight after 12 or 13 hours with top temp down to 200. This has been running it on low. It hasn't been cold enough to push it much. I'm interested to see how long a load of pine or cottonwood will last when you have to open it up. Here in Wyoming we pretty much just have softwoods for burning. Russian olive is about the hardest thing we have.

Fire view is awesome.

Really happy so far. Definitely

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a looker! You will be very happy with it. Not much longer till the burning season starts here. Can't wait!

I love the rustic look of the installation! Great surroundings for sitting by the fire.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love the rustic look other installation! Great surroundings for sitting by the fire.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks. The metal we used is made with a top coat that will rust. I thought I would be cool to watch it evolve over a couple decades.

Holy moly!!!! excellent job with that room!!! love the sheet metal walls and absolutely love the masonry. Good luck and keep us posted

Yes, that's a great looking setup. It's a veritable fire temple. Enjoy your new PH!

IMG_705.jpg

Finally finished the wood box. Would be nice if that was a couple days worth of wood in the real cold. Guess we will see. Lol

Reactions: toddnic
That looks awesome! WOW....

Just one thing missing now. FIRE!