Progress hybrid owners......a question for you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
Hello again,
I am planning a basement install for a progress hybrid. Do I need a outside air kit? I have a existing vent and venting for my current stove. Do the progress hybrid need a outside air kit as well? Thanks

The stove itself does not need one. I run mine without one.

But, if your house is very tight, and you can't supply enough air to the stove, then you may need one. Why did you install one for the Hearthstone?

I don't have or need one either, doesn't mean that you dont.

The stove itself does not need one. I run mine without one.

But, if your house is very tight, and you can't supply enough air to the stove, then you may need one. Why did you install one for the Hearthstone?
The dealer who I got the Hearthstone from said I needed the outside air kit. So, i went along with it. The install location is in a basement.

The dealer who I got the Hearthstone from said I needed the outside air kit. So, i went along with it. The install location is in a basement.
Probably a good call, basement installs can be devilish due to negative pressure.

Oak need to draw air from below the fire.. how will you doo that in a basement?

Reactions: rdust
Hollow earth theory? ==c