progress hybrid?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quotejso

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2015
Somewhere near nowhere
Hi wondering about the air control on the progress. Does anyone have problems with it getting hard to shut down when the stove is hot. Mine gets much harder to move.

I wouldnt say problem, but as it heats up there is more resistance. One of a few design flaws but for me the benefits outweigh these small issues. Yours may have tighter tolerance issues and if it restricts from turning down the intake completely then a call to Woodstock is in order.

Yes. I called and inquired about it. There are 2 set screws to adjust it. A slight 1/4 turn loose solved all issues for me.

Reactions: chance04
Yes. I called and inquired about it. There are 2 set screws to adjust it. A slight 1/4 turn loose solved all issues for me.
Thanks for the replies just wanted to make sure I didn't have a defective part. I am able to shut it down all the way it just gets sticky.

Where are the set screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.