Propane Stove in Basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mouckster

Dec 5, 2017
Canada
I am currently spending a tonne on propane. I am wondering if running my propane stove in the basement will reduce my heating costs even though i'm using more propane because the basement won't be essentially cooling my house.

For information, I have a Carrier Infinity 96, 80,000 BTU. I live in a 2,200 square foot bungalo and I believe it's on the border of too small. The peripheral rooms are quite cool and there is minimal air flow coming from the vents in the rooms. Even still, it feels cooler than i would expect.

I'm going to be adding insulation to the attic in the next few weeks, but still feel that I'm going through more propane than i should be.

Thanks