PS35 - Auger won't feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shep546

Oct 31, 2020
Eastern Canada
Hey guys,

1 Year old Quadrafire PS35.

Worked fine last night this morning go to turn it on, the exhaust fan is blowing and the "call light" turns on but the auger won't move or feed.

I noticed when I put my hand near the exhaust fan I can feel cool air blowing from somewhere but the gasket seems intact, not sure if this is from the part of the fan that spins outside the exhaust area?
261515882_1059121648208670_7708833849959648735_n.jpg

So far I have checked the fuses, and the thermal reset switches on the wiring, I cleaned the stove and vacuumed out the exhaust port.

I partially removed the auger to see if anything was jamming it up, seemed fine and I reinstalled.

I used my compressor to blow out the air line for the vacuum switch.

Still nothing, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

1 Year old Quadrafire PS35.

Worked fine last night this morning go to turn it on, the exhaust fan is blowing and the "call light" turns on but the auger won't move or feed.

I noticed when I put my hand near the exhaust fan I can feel cool air blowing from somewhere but the gasket seems intact, not sure if this is from the part of the fan that spins outside the exhaust area?
261515882_1059121648208670_7708833849959648735_n.jpg

So far I have checked the fuses, and the thermal reset switches on the wiring, I cleaned the stove and vacuumed out the exhaust port.

I partially removed the auger to see if anything was jamming it up, seemed fine and I reinstalled.

I used my compressor to blow out the air line for the vacuum switch.

Still nothing, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Was the vacuum switch hose disconnected from the switch when you used compressor air? If not, you may have damaged the vac switch.

Reactions: maraakate
Snap disc #2? Hopper lid switch?