Pulled the trigger on the Summit...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xikar

Feb 25, 2013
Connecticut
After much deliberation and going from dealer to dealer, looking at numerous inserts and getting numerous opinions, I decided to go ahead and buy a Summit. Placed the order an hour ago and it will be here Friday. It was a mind numbing decision between the Quadra-fire, Avalon, Jotul, and PE stoves. Narrowed it down to the Avalon Olympic and the Summit. My wife just couldn't take the boxy look of the Olympic as well as the fan cord being so pronounced, so the Summit came out on top. Her heart was set on the Jotul C550 but I didn't want flush mount and I wasn't sure about how great it would heat my home. Hopefully I don't encounter the crack issue and I'm praying this thing will throw off as much heat as it's hyped up to!

Now, where do you guys buy your chimney liners? I was looking over on chimney liner depot and they seem to have decent prices and product.

Congrats on the new stove. Once you start heating with wood, there is no turning back, the savings is incredible, and the heat feels so much better than baseboard heat (IMO)

Hot damn, gonna be warm in the Xikar home soon. Congrats!

After much deliberation and going from dealer to dealer, looking at numerous inserts and getting numerous opinions, I decided to go ahead and buy a Summit. Placed the order an hour ago and it will be here Friday. It was a mind numbing decision between the Quadra-fire, Avalon, Jotul, and PE stoves. Narrowed it down to the Avalon Olympic and the Summit. My wife just couldn't take the boxy look of the Olympic as well as the fan cord being so pronounced, so the Summit came out on top. Her heart was set on the Jotul C550 but I didn't want flush mount and I wasn't sure about how great it would heat my home. Hopefully I don't encounter the crack issue and I'm praying this thing will throw off as much heat as it's hyped up to!

Now, where do you guys buy your chimney liners? I was looking over on chimney liner depot and they seem to have decent prices and product.
Congrats you'll love that stove! Lots of heat and long burn times and a great looking stove too.. Welcome to the forum!

Ray

One thing to look for when purchasing a chimney liner online is the manufacturer. Many times a website is just that, a website and nothing else. Look for a website who actually is the manufacturer, their prices will be lower because you are eliminating the middle man. They also have the best quality control. Many sites just place an order at a manufacturer and bump up the price. Then if their is an issue you have to deal with the middle man the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.