Purchasing 3 point tractor box blade - need advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
So with spring on us I'm looking to get a box blade attachment for my 40hp compact tractor, I've been doing some minor online shopping and feel a little lost.
I currently have a country line 6ft grader blade (rear plow) its ok, I use it for snow removal and minor dirt stuff, but its cheap when moving dirt, I've already slightly bowed the mold board on the one side.
I have a few projects lined up which include re-grading a large swath of yard for drainage and I think a box blade with rip teeth is the proper tool for the job.
My questions, should I stay with a 6ft blade or move down to 5ft or 5.5ft (still within my tire width @ 5ft) Anyone have any recommendations on a box blade? I don't really want to go with the tractor supply models, I've read a few reviews that's didn't sit well with me (I have rocky clay mixed soil in area's)
I'm looking at everything attachments xTreme compact tractor box blade's, there only a couple hundred dollars more then the tractor supply version, but offer extra steel plates for strength and parts to change out if something gets damaged.

weight is your friend, need tines out in front of box blade portion, perferably removable, just makes things so much easier when trying level out hard packed areas or just plain dig.

Reactions: duramaxman05
As blades mentioned, you will want weights on your tractor. We have a 4ft box blade behind our kubota b7100 4wd. It has plenty of power but lacks the weight/traction to pull the box blade full of rock. The rear tires are full of fluid and have about 150lbs of weight on the front and the little tractor still spins. The tractor could use some more weight

Yea I think I’m going with the 6ft everything attachments extreme box blade, as far as weight, my rear tires are filled and the machine weighs about 3k and change, plus with the front bucket I can just scoop up a load of dirt for additional ballast and keep the machine in 4x4.
thanks for your help

Reactions: Ashful
I sometimes wish I had a box blade, but I've been really happy with my EA land plane with scarifiers. I have used it to resurface my driveway and make a totally new road and it worked great on my Kioti DK

Personally, I'd recommend going with the smaller box...when the teeth are down and you are ripping up that hard rocky soil, it takes a lot of power (and weight for traction)...you will be disappointed if you oversize a box blade for the tractor being used.

So with spring on us I'm looking to get a box blade attachment for my 40hp compact tractor, I've been doing some minor online shopping and feel a little lost.
I currently have a country line 6ft grader blade (rear plow) its ok, I use it for snow removal and minor dirt stuff, but its cheap when moving dirt, I've already slightly bowed the mold board on the one side.
I have a few projects lined up which include re-grading a large swath of yard for drainage and I think a box blade with rip teeth is the proper tool for the job.
My questions, should I stay with a 6ft blade or move down to 5ft or 5.5ft (still within my tire width @ 5ft) Anyone have any recommendations on a box blade? I don't really want to go with the tractor supply models, I've read a few reviews that's didn't sit well with me (I have rocky clay mixed soil in area's)
I'm looking at everything attachments xTreme compact tractor box blade's, there only a couple hundred dollars more then the tractor supply version, but offer extra steel plates for strength and parts to change out if something gets damaged.
Check Titan Attachment. Good equipments and quick free shipping.

It seems everyone around here over a certain age has an old box blade sitting and rusting behind their garage, as so many seem to buy this attachments for a specific project, and then find themselves going a decade between uses thereafter. If I were shopping a box blade, and weren't in a huge rush to get it, I think I'd be watching craigslist and the estate auctions.

No advice on brands if buying new, but does your tractor have hydraulic top and tilt cylinders on the 3-point? If you plan on using this to cut swales, a tilt cylinder on the 3-point is a huge time and energy saver. Search on "top and tilt" or "TnT 3-point", if you don't know what I mean.

Check Titan Attachment. Good equipments and quick free shipping.
I got their root rake grapple, good quality for the money.

It seems everyone around here over a certain age has an old box blade sitting and rusting behind their garage, as so many seem to buy this attachments for a specific project, and then find themselves going a decade between uses thereafter. If I were shopping a box blade, and weren't in a huge rush to get it, I think I'd be watching craigslist and the estate auctions.

No advice on brands if buying new, but does your tractor have hydraulic top and tilt cylinders on the 3-point? If you plan on using this to cut swales, a tilt cylinder on the 3-point is a huge time and energy saver. Search on "top and tilt" or "TnT 3-point", if you don't know what I mean.
I'd really like a hydro side and top link. I could do amazing work.

Reactions: Ashful
I used a 5' TSC box blade with my Kioti CK27 HST for six years (mainly for maintaining a gravel road). My tires weren't loaded and the only problem I ever had with the box blade was bending one scarifier tooth when I nailed a boulder that had worked its way up to the surface during a winter. When I traded the CK in last summer for a DK42 HST, I got rid of the box blade and went with a Kioti 6' grading scraper with scarifiers. Works better for me with what I have to do and I think it is a much better implement than the box blade.

I have had great luck with Titan Implements, not to be confused with Titan Attachments. Different company. Titan Implements is located in Decatur Tennessee and American made. To be honest,the one at TSC is well made and American made as well.

I pull a 5 foot box blade with a Mahindra 1626 shuttle shift and have no issues. I have no added weight or fluid in the tires.

I 2nd going 5-ft. to minimize potential power/traction problems.
If your soil is hard without large rocks I'd go with scarifiers. I think they wouldn't last long around larger rocks or rock shelves like we have.
I bought Titan Implement pallets forks and am impressed with the product and their customer service.
My only TSC attachment, a rake, caught a root and the beam is now bent beyond usage. I'm unimpressed with the steel quality.

My only TSC attachment, a rake, caught a root and the beam is now bent beyond usage. I'm unimpressed with the steel quality.
I didn't think TSC made any of their own attachments or implements, they simply re-badge things made by others. This assumption was based on TSC's lines of Huskee or CountyLine splitters which I happen to know are made by Speeco, and their CountyLine boom sprayers that I know are made by Fimco. I had also assumed this extended to other TSC-brand products.

So, the quality of materials used in their rake may have nothing to do with the quality of their box blade.

I didn't think TSC made any of their own attachments or implements, they simply re-badge things made by others. This assumption was based on TSC's lines of Huskee or CountyLine splitters which I happen to know are made by Speeco, and their CountyLine boom sprayers that I know are made by Fimco. I had also assumed this extended to other TSC-brand products.

So, the quality of materials used in their rake may have nothing to do with the quality of their box blade.
The rake I bent is a CountyLine model.

This is what I have instead of a box blade.
lp_gs1560_03_orange_0.png

This is the 5ft version. I have the 6ft, which if your tractor width is 5ft then go with the GS1572. I like it much better than the box blade.

Reactions: Ashful and SpaceBus
This is what I have instead of a box blade.
lp_gs1560_03_orange_0.png

This is the 5ft version. I have the 6ft, which if your tractor width is 5ft then go with the GS1572. I like it much better than the box blade.

I have the same thing, but from Everything Attachments and yellow. Sometimes I wish I had something to accumulate material in the back to fill in low spots like a box blade. The only other thing that would make it better is a tilt n lift kit, which I think will happen for my tractor along with a fasse valve kit.

Reactions: dquest
Order was placed this morning for an everything attachments 72" xTreme compact tractor box blade. Took advantage of the free shipping by having it delivered to my work, hopefully it comes in by the end of next week, almost time to get lawn food going and planting grass seed.

Reactions: lsucet
I have a 60” box blade on my ck4010 Kioti. It’s branded Kioti, but Woods is the actual manufacturer.

My tractor has a factory cab and loaded tires. The 40 hp engine has enough power to pull the blade, but the tractor is too light to be really effective, even with the cab and loaded tires. I would stay away from a larger box blade unless you have a utility class tractor that weighs 6500 lb or more.

Picked up the boxblade from work on Monday, have it sitting in the driveway, will be playing with it later if my dirt area is dry enough, got almost 1.5" of rain Sunday night and Monday.
First impressions, the 72" blade width seem like a perfect fit, the box blade seems pretty stout, weighs almost 500lbs, has fixed blades, the rippers are pretty gnarly, how they mount to the blade seems very strong, double steel. I'll post pics once I get it mounted to the 3 point later.

Sorry guys, I've been a little lazy this week with outside work, the area I want to grade was a little to wet still at the beginning of the week, then I realized that I still want to do some backhoe work before I take that off the machine, got to remove (2) stumps and some rocks off a wall to make a trail entrance for the quad and dump cart.

Reactions: lsucet and SpaceBus
“Mounted”? You haven’t gone quick hitch, yet?!? iMatch all day everyday, baby.

Reactions: JimBear
AD632017-EDD7-4695-8A3D-DB56C1ABB86F.jpegCFDF60A8-69DA-449E-BA97-D2D363FD6334.jpeg87934622-3E16-4F04-9562-6C92BDFF7147.jpeg7F91BF04-4955-4BA7-B4AA-36B8F067E66E.jpeg87418A3C-2A21-4C05-AA19-A37AA8C546CE.jpegFinally got to play with the new boxblade, used it for leveling out an area in the back, I ripped out 2 tree stumps with the backhoe and then put the box blade on with the ripper set all the way down, tore the mounds that were formed around the bases of the old tree stumps, and then spread and leveled out the hill into one plane, leaving the about 8 - 10ft near the house flat, but also angling the hill towards the back yard for water drainage, so hopefully no water comes towards the house.
The I took the box blade and leveled out a new area of soon to be grass, horseshoe pit and garden area, took off about 5" of virgin soil, not to many rocks and was leveling it out again with a pitch towards the woods for drainage.
The 72" blade was the right size for my machine, with the weight of the tractor, front bucket and loaded rear tires the box blade isn't to big, I just keep the machine in 4x4 and low hst setting, as far as the craftsman ship of the blade it self, I'm really impressed, it took a few good shots with rocks but the hardened steel blades didn't bend, and im going slow anyway. The biggest thing to remember when using it, is to take small bites.

Last edited: