Purchasing osburn 2400 and self install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the collar on top my cc325 was a circle and that collar went to an oval I'll have to look again once it cools down

So in order to use the 6" liner you will need an rectangle to round insert boot, looks like this:

round-boot.jpg

So in order to use the 6" liner you will need an rectangle to round insert boot, looks like this:

round-boot.jpg
Looks like just drilling into the 4 openings on the side support is it really that bad? Figure I could save money with this route while also adding liner for future nicer stove to takes its place?

I just got the 2400 insert last month. It is a beast and a nice stove. I have actually had a problem with too much air intake when completely shut down. I have a 30 foot high chiminey, and the draft is strong., but I think that's good. I prefer it strong so that when I open the stove door, I don't get any backdraft. I took a screw and placed it in the air intake hole in the front of the stove, and that has seemed to help tremendously. I'm now getting longer burns and more control for the secondary air. I know it's a temporary solution, not permenant, but it's a place to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.