Put a dent in it today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
Got started on moving some wood under the covered porch today.

The two helpers didn't earn their keep. o_O

Attachments

• oct18 124.JPG
    oct18 124.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 186
  • oct18 125.JPG
    oct18 125.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 189
  • oct18 126.JPG
    oct18 126.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 195
  • oct18 127.JPG
    oct18 127.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 198
  • oct18 135.JPG
    oct18 135.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 188
  • oct18 136.JPG
    oct18 136.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 184
  • oct18 137.JPG
    oct18 137.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 186
  • oct18 123.JPG
    oct18 123.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 197
Nice storage area!

Good to get it done while warm weather is still here. It won't be long before cold air comes at us hard.

Well no bacon strip's for them guy's then..Gasifier

Reactions: Gasifier
Good to get it done while warm weather is still here. It won't be long before cold air comes at us hard.

I moved a little over 4 cord today. The wife and kids helped out on the last cord. My back is sore. I told my wife that and she reminded me I am not in mamby pamby land. I told her.....::P Wait. Ohhhh. Sorry. I had to take a big sip of that cold beer. Ahhhhh. Today was a beautiful day here. I love being able to stay home and work around the house. Now I have to go back to work tomorrow. <>

Reactions: ScotO
Nice storage area!

Thanks man. That covered porch had so much space under it I decided to pour a concrete floor under it and use it for storage. I use to store my lawn mower, kids toys, tools, etc. under there. Until I got my garage. Now it is used for nothing but storing wood. I usually put about 7 cord under there. And still have a little room left.

Nice work Gasifier. The dogs bowl is empty, food = work.

zap

;lol That is their water bowl. And it is empty too. Because while I was bustin a.. all day they were running all over the yard beating the snot out of each other, wrestling, barking, chewing on each others legs, etc. etc. and having the time of their lives. Talk about the life of Riley! So they had to drink all the water I put out for them, twice!

Reactions: PapaDave and zap
They may have not helped much, but the look on their faces says "where's our treat?" Love that storage area, under the porch and out of sight.......great job getting it filled up, Gas......

Storage area looks great - and it's a great time of year to get it done. I'm sure it's nice being set for the winter!

4 cords in a day. Good workout.
You earned a break.
Nice covered stacks & storage. Good to get it done, you may be needing them soon ;)

Very nice.

You moved a lot in 1 day but it's a good feeling knowing you are prepared. I'm in the process of moving a truck load each day...weather and job pemitting. I would probably get a bit more done but my helper insists on me throwing some small splits for her to chase down.

I moved a little over 4 cord today. The wife and kids helped out on the last cord. My back is sore. I told my wife that and she reminded me I am not in mamby pamby land. I told her.....::P Wait. Ohhhh. Sorry. I had to take a big sip of that cold beer. Ahhhhh. Today was a beautiful day here. I love being able to stay home and work around the house. Now I have to go back to work tomorrow. <>

And I consider moving a cord in a day enough.

You moved a lot in 1 day but it's a good feeling knowing you are prepared. I'm in the process of moving a truck load each day...weather and job pemitting. I would probably get a bit more done but my helper insists on me throwing some small splits for her to chase down.

The double wheeled wheel barrow can carry a good sized load. It is about 75 feet from the stack to the opening for the porch. I was pushing it. But I needed a good workout. I have been eating a lot lately. (All those friggin pictures of pizza, bread, chicken, steaks ......... over there in the perfect picture threads. Bas!ar6s, it's your fault I have put 10 pounds on in the last month!)

Status
Not open for further replies.