Quad 1200i igniter problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 14, 2013
Connecticut
Before I go and replace the igniter on my 1200i, is there anything else that would keep the igniter from heating like a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere? All blowers work, stove is clean, call light is on but igniter is not heating.

Thanks in advance.

You can do a continuity test on it. Or hook it up to 110. But be careful as it heats quick. kap

Thanks. If the element checks good...is there a fuse or breaker in the igniter circuit that needs to be checked, or does it become a board replacement at that point?

Edited: Nevermind. It is the igniter element...open circuit. Thanks again, and glad it's nothing more.

Last edited: