Quad 3100 insert pre/act. Blower fans.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is it the fan noise that you’re hearing or the sound of the air movement? Is the sound ok on low?

Is it the fan noise that you’re hearing or the sound of the air movement? Is the sound ok on low?
Ty for the reply. The air movement sound is okay. It’s the sound of the fan on the thinner mount. Can’t believe I said anything is thinner on this stove. She’s been working great for 20 years. Just thinking there might be quieter fans today. The fans are still tight, no bearing movement.

I think the fans are going to be about the same mechanically, but switching to a new version could be quieter. It’s possible that there’s a lot of dust/pet hair, etc in the old fan and removing it would make the fan quieter. You may also be able to dampen any vibration.

Yes I always clean them in the fall before I start burning. I was just hoping with newer ones they could be a little lower or quiet. They are okay at half speed 50 db.