QUAD 5700 - FLUE DAMPER ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rustynut

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2008
mid mich
hi there,
Finally getting to put this stove together.
Its been a long haul
Had to put the room together first
Finishing the hearth pad now
Looking for an opinion
5700 step top install
o/s air kit is a part of the installation
Wondering if I should put in a flue damper or not ?
What do ya think ?
rn

That will be our next stove rustynut, got a 4300 right now, and I will not be talked out of an inline damper again. Even if you never use it ...it's still there...one more tool in the bag. If I were you I'd get a flue damper, sure the stove is designed to operate without without one.

Now I give that advice hoping that you're experienced with wood stoves. If this is your 1st stove or you believe every thing you read...like this stove will heat for 12-14 hrs...No than an inline flue damper isn't for you.

savage,
2nd stove
had a consolidated dutchwest lg convection
did have an inline damper on that one
was just wondering about this install
just another way to shut it down
guess i'll put it in
hows that 4300 do ?
thanks
rn

^right it's another tool for an emergency situation...like a fickle wind that turns the stove into a blowtorch, chimney fire that kind of thing.

Our house is 3k sf and I wanted the 5700 from the get go but the little lady got a deal on this 4300 and insisted on having it right away. Useful heat for about 6 hrs...it adequately does the job keeping us warm with less wood. But this old house requires a larger stove...just the nature of the beast.

I'm hoping now that the price of fossil fuel has cratered the cost of new wood stoves will follow shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.