Quad Classic Bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pelletdude

Feeling the Heat
Have a customer with a 5 year old Quad Classic Bay 1200. She has trouble feeding most pellets in the stove. Recently the only pellet that has worked is the Okanagan Red "Platinum". Switched her to Northern Warmth Super Spruce this year and they jam the auger. We are going to try LaCrete to see if they will work.

Question for Quad guys - Is there an auger motor that can be installed to increase the strength? Something to look for to fix this problem? Not looking forward to switching out delivered pellets.

They only have one auger motor. Usually, the only time I've seen pellets jam an auger was when they were too long, and would go past the drop chute opening, and jam at the top of the auger. Wondering if the set screw is a tad loose on her auger, allowing it to slip with an odd load of pellets. If a new stove, i would wonder if the auger was too long and hitting bottom. I've seen stoves in the factories running nuts and bolts thru em. kap

They only have one auger motor. Usually, the only time I've seen pellets jam an auger was when they were too long, and would go past the drop chute opening, and jam at the top of the auger. Wondering if the set screw is a tad loose on her auger, allowing it to slip with an odd load of pellets. If a new stove, i would wonder if the auger was too long and hitting bottom. I've seen stoves in the factories running nuts and bolts thru em. kap
She said she has many times over the 5 years she has owned the stove that the auger has jammed on almost all pellets. The only ones that have worked were Okie Red and North Country Softwood.

I wish she would have complained to dealer when it happened. There is a screw that holds the bracket, that holds the adjusting rod in place. It is loose to allow rod to move. Sometimes someone can mess up and put too long of one in, and it will hit on auger. Other option is to pull the auger assy. out. You have to bypass the vac switch to do this, by jumping the wires together. Turn tstat up and see if you can stop auger from turning. If you can fairly easy, auger motor needs to be replaced. Hope some of this helps. kap

Last edited: