Quad Classic Bay 1200i Insert - Smart Stat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Acolar

Hearth Supporter
Dec 12, 2008
Midwest
Have a 1200i with Quad Smart Stat - wondering what kind of stove symptoms a Smart Stat system could create if it had intermittent issues.
Appears either the stove control box or Smart Stat will shut down the appliance after 8 hours of being on. (Don't use 'Thermo' Setting on remote Stat)
I seem to recall if remote stat battery's are weak or remote looses connection to Smart Stat box it will stop feeding pellets and turn off.

Trying to diagnose a very intermittent shut down during stove operation.

Just overhauled stove (new in 2008) cleaned deep inside stove, replaced exhaust adapter gasket, snap discs, TC, removed and cleaned burn pot new burn pot gasket, cleaned combustion blower/new gasket, cleared out vacuum switch hose of debris, clean flue pipe, cleaned exhaust adapter.

Dont have any documentation on Smart Stat operation/trouble shooting - looking for ideas.

Thanks