Quad Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

In the shop

Oct 24, 2017
London, Ontario
Hi all, I have a quad my Vernon that lights and then won’t dump pellets to keep going. If I reset she’s runs all day. I have looked at the thermocouple and its in the correct position. Thoughts?

Have you given the burn pot a good scraping especially around the igniter opening? A change in pellet brands? May be just miss fire from pellet chage. My cb1200 although it will burn anything its tempermental on startups with longer pellets.

Open up you feed plate in the hopper a 1/4” and see if that helps.

Is the thermo couple wire end all the way in touching the ceramic protector. I was thinking cb1200 about the hopper feed, i dont see one on the mt vernon.

There is a feed adjustment on my unit. Got about 50 lbs of pellets in there currently, need to warm up the shop when I get home I guess...the the thermo is tight..

Sometimes you can get the dreaded CSS (cold stove startup). They don't like to start sometimes with an empty cold pot, but after one fire, it is warmer and as ash in there to help start next fire. If this isn't it, we'll keep looking. kap

So tonight I put about 1/3 of a regular start load of pellets in by hand, started the stove and no issues. I think it could be a feed adjustment. When I get through this hopper I will give her a go, thanks folks. Keep yah posted.