Quadafire Classic Bay 1200 Loud "Bang" on Cool Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MidnightSVT

Aug 24, 2020
Oregon
Hi All,

I have a Quadafire Classic Bay 1200 that is about 4 years old. The pellet stove works great, except for one issue; a loud bang when the unit is off and cooling down. It sounds like a gun shot is going off in the stove. The unit never makes the noise when heating up or during operation, just when the unit is off and cooling down.

I use quality pellets and have the unit cleaned, professionally, once a year. The maintenance crew has checked all of the welds and say they good. They also say the unit is level (side to side and front to back).

Does anyone have any ideas / experience with anything like this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I have never seen that! Can you please make a video with sound and upload it to YouTube and post a link to it here so we can all see and hear the problem to analyze it?

Do it like I did with this Harman problem. See here
Thanks

Reactions: Washed-Up
Absolutely....need a video for this one!!!!