Quadra 7100 - Blower Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mimimi

Apr 16, 2019
New Jersey
We just installed a Quadra 7100 (mission) and it's our first insert. I'm not sure if you're supposed to feel the air blowing out when the fan is on, but even at its highest you can feel very little air coming out. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I've got a Heat n' Glo Northstar, which is very nearly the same stove and also made by Quadrafire. I'll say I'm in the same boat that even with the blower making a racket like an off balance box fan, the air movement out of the front is surprisingly low in velocity. Even so, its moving over a large area, and does carry a ton of heat with it, so it's not been a cause for concern personally.

The 7100 had a remotely located blower Correct? It should have a damper flap inside the bower assembly, Make sure it isn’t trapped in the closed position.