Quadra Fire 3100i doesn't heat the whole house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I would go ahead and get a cord. You are buying very late in the season. That is not bad for true kiln dried and you may find that good quality compressed log fuel in your area will cost as much, if available.

Reactions: showrguy
Ok. Just want to make sure I'm following the rules.
Bholler was right on, just joking! Wood heat should be at least a little fun.

I wouldn't be a good sport with the seller, but then I try to keep in mind he might just be some clueless dude who needs the cash to feed his family. In any case, he needs to figure it out, get you your cord, and start delivering everyone a proper cord.

That's what I am going to do bit wanted to make sure what I have so far isn't a cord before contacting him or the Dept of weights and measures if he doesn't make things right. That was the reason for all the questions about what a cord is. I have never dealt with firewood before but after reading the posts here and doing research online I know now what the measurements are and how to stack the wood.

I would try to make sure I had my head around the measuring & math before talking to officials. It doesn't matter how you stack the wood, as long as you stack it in a way that results in something you can measure with reasonable accuracy. You can stack it all in one row or stack it in 5, or in a cylinder - it doesn't really matter. It's just measuring then doing a little simple math.

I would try to make sure I had my head around the measuring & math before talking to officials. It doesn't matter how you stack the wood, as long as you stack it in a way that results in something you can measure with reasonable accuracy. You can stack it all in one row or stack it in 5, or in a cylinder - it doesn't really matter. It's just measuring then doing a little simple math.

Your right. I have been reading about the measurements so I can do it accurately. I haven't contacted officials because I want to give him the opportunity to make things right especially since he delivers in the neighborhood. I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. He does this on the side so he probably needs the extra money. That's why I am being very patient and trying to work it out. He was very good about it on the phone. My guess is he doesn't know how to measure a cord properly. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Your right. I have been reading about the measurements so I can do it accurately. I haven't contacted officials because I want to give him the opportunity to make things right especially since he delivers in the neighborhood. I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. He does this on the side so he probably needs the extra money. That's why I am being very patient and trying to work it out. He was very good about it on the phone. My guess is he doesn't know how to measure a cord properly. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Could be, I dealt with a guy once that thought a pickup truck full was a cord. I told him a cord is 4 x 4 x 8, is your bed that big? He got back to me and said no, its half a cord. Ignorance is probable.

Could be, I dealt with a guy once that thought a pickup truck full was a cord. I told him a cord is 4 x 4 x 8, is your bed that big? He got back to me and said no, its half a cord. Ignorance is probable.
Had the same issue with a local wood seller. Drugs may also be probable.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Had the same issue with a local wood seller. Drugs may also be probable.
Ha hes smoking up the woodpile for the winter..ha ha....joke kind like selling your a.c cause it ain't hot out no more...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I contacted the guy who delivered the wood and told him I only have a little over 1/2 cord. He is claiming he gave more than a cord. He said he gave me 2 truck loads that I asked for. I didn't ask for 2 truck loads. I asked how much for 1 cord, he said $175 and I said I will take 1 cord (not 2 truck loads) he accused me of being petty. I asked if he was going to refund me my money and take the wood back. He didn't answer. He told me it's suppose to be stacked in 2 rows and three like I have it. I told him it doesn't matter as long as the measurements come out to 128 cubic ft. 128 is 128

Thoughts suggestions?

I mentioned the Dept of weights and measures. He didn't seem to care and told me he will never deliver to me again( I had no intention of ever ordering from him again.

My measurements are 4ft deep 8 ft long and about 2ft-2ft 4" high

His wood.is in different sizes. Some 15" 15 1/2 16" 16 1/2 17" Most are in the 16-161/2 range.

That does not look like 1/2 cord in the picture you posted. My next call would be to the local state agricultural office. The fellow is a rip-off, definitely not a reputable wood seller. Ask the state if they will help you get your money back in exchange for returning the wood.

That does not look like 1/2 cord in the picture you posted. My next call would be to the local state agricultural office. The fellow is a rip-off, definitely not a reputable wood seller. Ask the state if they will help you get your money back in exchange for returning the wood.
Or get half of your money back and keep what you have, you allready did the work to set up and stack it..
Did you get a moisture meter yet ??

Or get half of your money back and keep what you have, you allready did the work to set up and stack it..
Did you get a moisture meter yet ??

I texted him to ask if he would agree to that but my message didn't go through. Looks like he blocked me. Unfortunately I had to call Dept of weights and measures and they were going to contact him.

I tried everything to work it out before reporting it. All he had to do was the right thing.

I called the dept of weights and measures. They suggested having him deliver more. They contacted him, he delivered more and again told me it's not suppose to be in rows but 2. The wood is extremely wet like I sprayed a hose on it. The other delivery wasn't like this. Just him being spiteful. Not a good person. Oh well nothing more I can do but move on

I called the dept of weights and measures. They suggested having him deliver more. They contacted him, he delivered more and again told me it's not suppose to be in rows but 2. The wood is extremely wet like I sprayed a hose on it. The other delivery wasn't like this. Just him being spiteful. Not a good person. Oh well nothing more I can do but move on
You should have printed a picture if what a cord is, he might not be the brightest bulb.