quadra fire 4300 cracks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4 cords

Aug 31, 2008
central ct
Well cleaned my chimney and stove yesterday to find both corners of my quadrafire 4300 step top starting to crack .Had the center post in the back repaired last year, with the quad repair kit (joke) now what to do ? The stove is 4 years old now , and has a lifetime steel warranty . Open to any thoughts havent called dealer yet. Thanks

Didn't those corner welds look like they were cracking last year? It is time to be done with the band-aids and get you a stove in there.

Use your warranty, don't mess around trying to fix it yourself. That's what the warranty if for isn't it?

Would really like to see some pictures.

It will be interesting to see if HHT will continue your lifetime warranty coverage if they replace the stove. They eliminated their lifetime warranty on new stoves last year, except for gas units.

I had a big discussion with them about it when I was stove shopping because some of their woodstove web pages still said lifetime warranty, yet the docs with a new stove did not (they had cut it to 7 years as the longest period, and that was on the firebox for parts only). The two Quad dealers near me also told me they didn't know that the warranty terms had been changed, even though the docs inside their floor models had the new non-lifetime warranty. They were still verbally touting the lifetime warranty. I ended up having to confirm with HHT directly that the lifetime warranties had been discontinued, and later found out that one of the stove shops called them because of my conversation, and chewed them out for changing it without clearly informing the dealer.

In fact, I just checked since typing the last paragraph, and many of their web pages STILL say lifetime warranty, yet the warranty docs in the current owners manuals for woodstoves clearly say it's a 7 year warranty max on the firebox, and that's for parts only (3 years labor), and most of the rest of the stove is only warranted for a year or 2. I'm surprised they have not fixed the deceptive web pages, as I complained about it to them back in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.