Quadra-Fire Deliveries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kpereyra said:
Groundhog said:
Anybody else getting updates on their Quadra-fire orders? I know a few of you guys were expecting stoves this month. My dealer sounded very upbeat early last week that I was next on the list and my stove would be on the next truck. By Friday the story was back to who knows when it will come in and they would call me with an update. Just hoping to here a few more success stories. Bring them on...

I got a call yesterday to schedule my install for Tuesday, Sept 16, which is the exact date they originally told me. From our earlier PMs, it is the same dealer as yours. Perhaps its a different story for inserts vs free-standing stoves?

Well kpereyra did you get your stove on Tuesday as promised? They told me at the beginning of September that mine would be on the next truck. When you said yours was in I was hoping I would get the call. No messages this week so I am guessing it's not in. Let us know how you made out.

Groundhog said:
Well a fellow Hearth.com member picked up my Jotul Castine today. Sold it on the board to make room for my Quadra-Fire Castile that failed to arrived twice already. Now I am walking by an empty hearth in the dining room and 4 tons of pellets in the basement. Man has it been a long 4 months. Seems like forever. All I need is the first frost to really push me over the edge!

Well your not alone that's for sure all I ask is for an update with a real date I've been told Dec seeing they've missed 3 scheduled dates I hold no hope of getting mine this year. With all the back orders I don't see a need to require 50% down a small payment of a few hundred dollars should have filled their needs. Maybe it's time for the government to step in and require interest paid to the customers waiting.

Groundhog said:
Anybody else waiting for or received their Quara-Fire Castile Insert? Starting to feel like the only one not getting their stove on here.

I've been waiting since June 2nd for my Castile free standing stove.

I just called to get a status on whether there was any news on the Jan 1 date I was given ... the comment made was "thats the Spring pool date" ... my impression now is that if your delivery is by February youll be lucky. The the Quad Sales guy is always coming in on Monday, so call back on Tuesday, and yet they never know anything more ...

Well I got the call today that my Castile insert ordered in mid June has arrived. I must say from what I've seen on these posts it looks as though Quadra-Fire is starting to catch up. I can't wait to get it in and stop worrying about it. It seems like I've been waiting for this thing forever. I must say my dealer has been great despite the two missed dates. I was definitely frustrated at times but it must be a rough year to be in their shoes.

Groundhog said:
Well I got the call today that my Castile insert ordered in mid June has arrived. I must say from what I've seen on these posts it looks as though Quadra-Fire is starting to catch up. I can't wait to get it in and stop worrying about it. It seems like I've been waiting for this thing forever. I must say my dealer has been great despite the two missed dates. I was definitely frustrated at times but it must be a rough year to be in their shoes.

I'm glad to hear that it finally came in. Good luck with the installation.

Picked up my 1200 today, 13 weeks 2 days since order, door and grill back ordered for about 2 weeks. At least I can install it.

slls said:
Picked up my 1200 today, 13 weeks 2 days since order, door and grill back ordered for about 2 weeks. At least I can install it.

Mine took a little over 12 weeks to come in.

Great news, we are finally on a roll.

I'm glad to see you guys got your stoves. I well remember my own waiting, wondering, and gnashing of teeth.

ordered castille insert on july 2, pushed back from first of september to the first of october and now the dealer says they have a confirmation from quadrafire for a december 1st arrival. hoping that date holds as it has so far been a frustrating experience

It seems like if you got your order in before the last week of June, you've got a good chance of getting it this year.

That is about right, they are still filling June orders.

I ordered my stove (mt Vernon AE insert) in early June. At this point I can't even get the dealer to return a call to give me an update. When I was thinking of purchasing the stove and would call to ask a question, I would get a call back within minutes. Since I've purchased the stove and left my 50% deposit..... crickets. My delivery date was supposed to be the end of August... haven't heard anything. 5 tons of pellets in the basement, an empty zero clearance hearth and nice cool air coming into the house and no stove to show for it. This is really working out so far, glad I went with a reputable, service oriented dealer!! :roll: I'm now wondering if i have a problem with the stove this winter (if i ever get it) will the "service" be the same?

Just got off the phone with my Dealer in central CT. My Mount Vernon AE which I ordered on 7/1 and was told I was in the January pool of of orders appears to be an order that will not be fulfilled. Quadrafire does not want to send them Mount Vernons because they didn't sell many in previous years because of all the problems MV's had. My read is I'm into next summer on this and the dealer really appears to want to refund my money. He said they're taking the Mount Vernon off their floor because Quadrafire isn't going to meet their orders. It sounds like by using the historicial orders by model to determine quantities they will receive, there is no way they can meet orders placed anytime soon.

Daves said:
Just got off the phone with my Dealer in central CT. My Mount Vernon AE which I ordered on 7/1 and was told I was in the January pool of of orders appears to be an order that will not be fulfilled. Quadrafire does not want to send them Mount Vernons because they didn't sell many in previous years because of all the problems MV's had. My read is I'm into next summer on this and the dealer really appears to want to refund my money. He said they're taking the Mount Vernon off their floor because Quadrafire isn't going to meet their orders. It sounds like by using the historicial orders by model to determine quantities they will receive, there is no way they can meet orders placed anytime soon.

dealer says we are one of the "lucky" ones as we have a confirmed purchase order. She said they have returned alot of deposits the last two weeks

So I'm sitting here asking myself why does the dealer want to give me back my deposit? At this point I pretty much said that I have no place to get another one, and am willing to wait until it comes in regardless of the timeframe rather than starting the process all over again. I just wonder if by giving the deposit back, Quadrafire is off the hook for the order, and now can raise prices again on new orders. That has to be the reason why they want to give back deposits.

Daves said:
So I'm sitting here asking myself why does the dealer want to give me back my deposit? At this point I pretty much said that I have no place to get another one, and am willing to wait until it comes in regardless of the timeframe rather than starting the process all over again. I just wonder if by giving the deposit back, Quadrafire is off the hook for the order, and now can raise prices again on new orders. That has to be the reason why they want to give back deposits.

BINGO!

Has Quadfire ever heard of service? If they have dealers trying to sell there products to then say we are cancelling your order because you have not sold enough of what we can not deliver anyway sounds like bad double talk. I ordered a Lopi Yankee in July, they said they would not give me an install date until they have a trucker number from the manufacturer but expect it September or October. When they got the number from Lopi they called and scheduled the install (its due Monday September 29th weather permitting). I understand problems keeping up with demand, but if someone says I'll wait, then give them a reasonable expectation. Do you think this is the manufacturer or dealer playing bad games? I'm not sure but the customer is the one suffering. The dealer is the one who's reputation as a local dealer gets tarnished. As for Quadfire, I'd call them directly, if the story is true I'd look for another brand. A company that handles potential customers this poorly always worries me.

I'm convinced it's the manufacturer. Too many of us are getting the same stories from different dealers.

Another data point for those interested. Just had my stove installed today.
Mt Vernon freestanding. Order 6/13 and arrived at the dealer 9/13.

There does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel on some Quad deliveries. I ordered my CB 1200i on 6/23 with an expected delivery of late August. The dealer later moved the date to November. Was told today "CB 1200's are starting to come in" and sometime in October now seams likely. Not an exact date but I'm feeling more confident than I was a few weeks ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.