Quadra Fire Explorer II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jamesc8170

Mar 27, 2022
Va
Looking at a used Quadra Fire Explorer II. We had a pellet stove by the company and it worked great in the harsh winters of Maine. I am curious why Quadra Fire discontinued the Explorer II model. I hate to invest $2 k in a used stove if it had issues

That was a sweet stove and a good looker. Sadly, a lot of stoves were discontinued with the changing of EPA regs in 2020 including some favorites. I don't know of any issues with burning in it. @webfish has the Explorer III.

I love mine. The III meets requirements. I thought I would use the top loader, I don't. I never use ash pan either. I scoop from the front.

1800 sq feet, I hardly ever burn a full stove anymore gets too warm. I burn 24/7 in the winter. Makes over night no problem. Some complained that it is loud and ticks as it heats up. Mine did that for awhile but not much anymore. Just a really good looking stove with easy controls and big firebox.

Reactions: Jamesc8170
I would offer $1500 and negotiate from there.

Reactions: Jamesc8170