Quadra fire MIN FIREPOT TEMP Error!!!! stove is full

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmartin11

Jan 30, 2009
Central MA
Came home tonight to a cold house. Pellet stove had gone out. Thermostat read a MIN FIREPOT TEMP, which I realize means the stove has run out of pellets. However the stove was full. I tried a couple times to get it going, but it would start up run to the SS MED cycle and then shut down. I emptied out the stove cleaned it out and retried but got the same issue. Any help would be great. thanks in advance. MT VERNON INSERT. BRANDNEW LAST JANUARY.......

My best guess is it's a thermocouple issue. If the firepot thermocouple doesn't come up to temp in a given time it goes into shutdown because it assumes a failed start. Have you cleaned or moved the thermocouple lately? I would at least try "rebooting" the stove.

Edit: Also make sure the white ceramic thermocouple cover is touching the end of the thermocouple. Not sure this would matter but it's also worth the try.

Yeah unplug for 5 seconds or so and then restart it. You could also unplug the connector from the control board, but I'm not sure how hard that is with the insert, and if you have backup heat you might want to wait for warranty work. Good Luck!

Yeah I think the control board costs somewhere's around $650 if you screw it up..... I'd be interested to know what you find out. I've been happy with my unit except for the random fog horn noise. I do have a crack in my baffle which my dealer happily is going to replace (easy service call). Anyways its a fancy piece of equipment. Best of luck to you.

Make sure all the proper cleaning is done and check the t-couple cover as maineheat suggested. If neither of those fixes it, could be the actual thermocouple or main board or a harness.

just cleaned the entire stove. thermocoupler cover seemed to be a little loose. turned on ad HEAT. Seems to be woking Good. Thanks Fellas

Wicked cool!!! Glad to hear it, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.