Quadra Fire Mount Vernon (non AE) blower wont turn off.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CdoubleZ

Mar 29, 2011
Central, MA
Hi there.

My 2006 quad Mt Vernon has had a quite the season this year with close to 3 tons run through it. I vacuum everything out about every 2 weeks from behind the glass and once a month or so I remove the panels and the rear access panel for a deeper cleaning.

Lately the blower convection (fan) does not shut off after a cycle and remains on all day and all night. I am fairly certain that I have a faulty low temperature snap disc. I noticed that I can get the fan to shut off if I unplug the snap disc, which leads me to believe that it is the disc stuck open (or closed... whatever) causing it to stay on at all times. Am I correct in assuming this?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the board is faulty and it is telling the fan to stay on regardless of the snap disc being open or closed? When I unplug 110V from the entire stove the fan goes off... it will then remain off and will turn on at the appropriate time (a few minutes into the fire), but it just never shuts off again.

I am planning on purchasing this part. Please let me know if I am missing something here.
Thanks
Quadra Fire Snap Disk #1 Convection Blower (Open 105 Degree/Close 145 Degree) - SRV230-0960

the reset doesnt do anything. and this particular snap disc doesnt have a reset on it either.

the only way to get the blower to turn off is to unplug the stove or to unplug a lead from the #1 snap disc.

There is a code to the stove , my
Stove did same thing , I had to get code from
Someone online , if you don't think so
I'd start with the disc , I had same problem
But not the same brand stove..

I'd try disc ,I think I know what stove
You have , did u try taking 2 disc wire off
And touching together , what happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.