Quadra Fire Mt. Vernon 2009 temperature set to 82 and heats to 70

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It is on the right hinge of hopper door. You can see it if you open door and look in there. You should be able to slide top over just a bit, so it makes contact again. kap

It is on the right hinge of hopper door. You can see it if you open door and look in there. You should be able to slide top over just a bit, so it makes contact again. kap

Thanks, I had to play with the switch (It is a magnet with a pointy thing in the middle? ) I had to jiggle it around. I don't know why it happened while I was loading the pellets. I'll have to try to keep that area free of pellets in case it's knocking it out of wack. It was getting CHILLY in here lol

Yes, It is two contact points. The top of the stove can move a little, or the one arm can get bent a little, and then no contact. Glad you was able to wiggle it. Stay warm. kap

Yes, It is two contact points. The top of the stove can move a little, or the one arm can get bent a little, and then no contact. Glad you was able to wiggle it. Stay warm. kap

LOL it started up, started burning pellets and then the icon came on again! Frustrating! Not even touching the stove. Does anyone else have issues with the icon not going off? Is there a manual way to disengage that icon? I'm tired of cold rooms and frustrated with playing with it.

i just opened it again with the flash light - pulled down the lid while looking at the contact and the arm of the hopper. It didn't look like it was engaging, and like you said, it looked like the arm may have been more bent to the left. So I pushed it over to the right and it did move. The icon went away and now I am sitting here hoping the evil has vanished for good LOL

At least you know where the issue is. kap