Quadra fire santa fe auger doesnt move

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jshelby

Dec 14, 2020
Colorado
i have done a lot of work on my pellet stove the past 5 years and usually the auger clogs and needs to have the loose stuff removed however it is clean.

I replaced the vacuum a few years ago and did the bypass jumper and it also doesnt have it moving.

It had been over feeding lately up until this morning which is usually when the motor gets seized. I noticed it didnt run out of pellets and just stopped so I cleaned it all out but the motor doesn't move at all. I don't think it is a motor issue and wonder what else I might do just to prove its not the motor?

I was able to find a diagram and bypassed snap disc 2. This allowed the motor to run. I will say this is the worst thing I have ever worked on as I have had to rebuild it about 20x in 5 years due to all the failing parts. Vacuum switch 5x, snap disc 2 4x, snap disc 1 first time, exhaust motor (ugh that was a pain), const auger motor cleaning which during the first 2 years was about every 2 months.

Welcome to the forum
I would remove and test the motor
Only way you will know for sure

Reactions: Ssyko
Good you found your problem

yes, constant failures with this product seems to be the problem. With today's technology I am really surprised the controller is so poorly designed when this could have been much easier to troubleshoot with a $50 controller and using temperature probes.