quadra fire santa fe snap disc #2 location?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

micmacman

Sep 26, 2023
wv
diagram shows near auger motor , but thats SD#1 or 3 with manual reset , i cant find it anywhaere , please help

Welcome to the forum
Snap Disc #3 (Back Burn Protector) 250°FSnap Disc #3 is mounted on the back of the auger tube in the centre of the appliance and has a reset button. To access it remove the right side panel. If the fire tries to burn back into the feed system or push exhaust up the feed tube, this snap disc will shut the entire system off. This disc must be manually reset

Welcome to the forum
Snap Disc #3 (Back Burn Protector) 250°FSnap Disc #3 is mounted on the back of the auger tube in the centre of the appliance and has a reset button. To access it remove the right side panel. If the fire tries to burn back into the feed system or push exhaust up the feed tube, this snap disc will shut the entire system off. This disc must be manually reset
thankyou , but i need snap disc #2 location , this went out a couple years ago and it has the same symptoms as it did then , i just cant remember where it is and ive done it before , old age is cruel , i see #3 , and #1 is the one staring you in the face as you pull the right side panal off , diagram says #2 is on the back side of the feed shoot , it prevents the auger from feeding if the temp gets too high to prevent a hopper fire i suppose

thermostat is telling the stove to fire up , but it just idles and thermostat relay chatters when it tries to feed , but it is not feeding , i jump the thermostat wires it starts feeding immediatly , i replaced the #2 disc last time and it was gold for several years , identical symptoms

that does help thankyou , i do not think i am remembering correctly because i did not go through all of that to repair last time , i had no gasket to worry about and did not have all that disassembly thats calling for

what is your diagnosis for my symptomes , thermostat tells unit to kick on , but it just runs ,and runs and not feeding , with what sounds like contact chatter (sounds like ,i do not kow what it is) , it did the same noise several years ago

i then jumper the two posts that the thermostat wires connect to and it immediatly starts feeding

maybe i amm remembering which snap disc it was and it was disc #1 or #3 that i replaced

thank you for your help

i then jumper the two posts that the thermostat wires connect to and it immediatly starts feeding
You have written what is wrong ! If what you said is true your thermostat is bad

i thought that the last time this happened , it was not that , thermostat is telling the unit to kick on , the unit is complying , it starts up , but the bad snap disc prevents it from feeding , it sounds weird i know , but the fact the thermostat is telling the unit it needs to start and the unit complys rules the TS out , the TS has no direct control over the feed system only that it signals the unit to start by closing a circuit , then the units operation kicks in so its something preventing the feed system to operate , tghe snap disc is a safety feature that fails at a certain temp to stop the feeding system so is does not add fuel to a unsafe scenerio

the TS function is only to determine when the unit needs to operate to maintain a set temperature , that is working

Still, if you disconnect the thermostat and put a jumper across
the connection and the feed work all you have done is remove
The thermostat from the equation. That tells me the stat is bad!!!