Quadra-Fire Voyageur vs FPX 33 Elite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffymojo

Nov 11, 2014
Iowa
Today I was thrown a curve ball. My heart was set on the FPX Large Hybrid Fyre. The hearth people measured, and everything checked out except I was 1/2 inch off on the depth needed but they felt they could cheat the unit out and fit it in. Today I got a call that the installer felt even though my fireplace fit the dimensions other than the depth it would be too difficult to install due to tight clearances elsewhere. (sounds lazy to me) The salesman then mentioned placing the FPX 33 Elite Plus Arch door instead. I have been reading about this stove and just wanted some feed back from people who have the unit. My other option which I know measures and fits okay is the Quadra-fire Voyageur. I know the sizes are similar 2.2 cubic feed vs. 1.8 cubic feet. Heat output is 73,000 for the fpx vs 43,000 for the voyageur (I take that with a grain of salt) 10 hr vs 12 hour for the voyageur (salt grain!) Anyway, any thoughts about the 2 units would be appreciated. I have a 1,500 square foot 2 story house built in 1924. It is a pretty in efficient home which is why I was wanting a more efficient fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.