Quadrafire 4100i ACT Start-up Air Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan W

Jan 7, 2014
new york
Hello everyone,
I just purchased and installed a used 4100i ACT. The Start-up air control is not working as it has no effect on the fire or even a hot bed of coals (anyone ever heard coals called gloot?). Luckily it is stuck in the closed postion. I start it by keeping the door slightly ajar until it gets going - stove burns fine and primary air control works well. Would like to fix the Start-up AC though. The control rod has a bend in it that looks like it is intended to go to the right of the leveling bolt - mine is to the left of the bolt. There is also a 45 degree bend in the control rod near the knob - does this bend face to the right or down. I read every post regarding 4100i and found a couple from folks whose Start-up Air Control was closed but nobody ever posted a fix. Of course Quadrafire was of no help, suggesting a service call from a dealer. I don't plan on fixing this until the spring/summer but would appreciate any info. you may have. By the way - great forum! Thanks - Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.