quadrafire 4300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
I have a quadrafire 4300 that I should put up for sale. Its about 5 years old, only use 1 year. Just laying in the cellar. I live in N.W NJ.
My wife wants me to sell it. How much should I ask?

I'm no expert but we have a 4300 and would probably ask 1k if we were to sell ours...but we got ours used.

List price on the basic 4300 Step Top is $2,397.

Of course it would be eligible for the 30% tax credit where yours would not.

Around 1K sounds fair assuming the replaceable parts like the baffle board are in good condition and it hasn't had abuse (cracked bricks, overfiring). Dust it off, clean it well including glass. Shine it up and touch up paint if necessary. Then wait until October. It will sell and probably quickly.

I've found as a good rule of thumb during the tax credit years..and this applies to a stove with no defects and a good finish:
Cost of stove new $2400 x .7 for the tax credit = $1700 (rough math)/2 =$850. So my suggestion would be list it for $950 (looks nicer than $1000 on CL) and be happy with $50 or $100 less.

Of course, if you had other options, like gold doors, blower, etc you may want to add a little.

You are a week to late DAMIT. I picked a 4300 up friday for $1786 2005 showroom model new never fired. I do not see why you can't get 1500 for it.

Personally I think I think it is worth $25 plus shipping cost to Northern Virginia.

troybt856 said:
You are a week to late DAMIT. I picked a 4300 up friday for $1786 2005 showroom model new never fired. I do not see why you can't get 1500 for it.

Because your new never fired stove would have a net cost of $1250 brand new if the person buying it can claim the tax credit, which means selling a used one for $1500 is nonesense. I am correct, do not contradict me, your getting sleepy

I just put the stove up for sale, $800.00. I'm surprised people don't do their homework when shopping around. I get the dumbest questions. Everyone asks if it comes with a blower. People are surprised when they see it doesn't have an ash pan. Not much interest either. I know when I was shopping around, I knew exactly what I wanted and would have jumped at this one used.

Status
Not open for further replies.