Quadrafire 800 won’t start, help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheHankopotomus

Oct 18, 2022
Arkansas
I live in Central Arkansas and pellet stoves aren’t overly popular in our warmer region but my home is primarily heated with a Quadrafire 800. I’m having a hard time finding anyone locally who can/will service the unit.

When I plug it in the blower does it’s 10 minute run like it should but I don’t seem to be getting the command for heat. The reset button won’t “reset” and moving the thermostat does nothing. I’ve used a multimeter to check continuity to the thermostat and have it. I can measure voltages but am unsure what they should be in what position? At the stove I get 2 volts no matter the thermostat position. At the thermostat I get about 330mv to the left “off” and 0mv to the right “on”. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The stove was here when I bought the house and every bit of learning has been from reading the internet or troubleshooting myself.

Try jumping the screws on the stove, the tstat wires go to. Let us know. kap

Jump it like anything else? One screw to the other with a small wire?

Thanks for the reply, at the fire house today but I’ll give it a shot tomorrow morning when I get home.

Yes. If stove starts, it will tell you you have an issue with either the tstat, or the tstat wires. kap

Reactions: ARC
As cheap as they are, i would just replace the tstat, as long as you are sure the wire is good. Wouldn't hurt to try another pc of tstat wire if you have one. kap