Quadrafire CB 1200i no power at all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newbiepellet burner

Jan 29, 2020
Sand lake Mi
Hello all,

you have been a great help to me before, againI am seeking advice. Came home from work and pellet stove was off. Checked feed and all was good, went to hit reset and call light was not on. Hit reset and nothing. Seems there is no power. Reset snap disk 3, nothing. Could it be control board? Or should I try jumping snap disk 3? Can I take control board from insert and try it in my classic bay full size? The repair company is three weeks out so I am trying to fix on my own. I have no electrical knowledge. Sorry for so many questions! But it’s getting cold here in Michigan and I really don’t want to use propane

1 Make sure there is power to the stove,power at the house outlet
2 Check and see if fuse is blown
3 If fuse is blown,I would probably remove and inspect the igniter,they are a known problem for blowing fuses,and,if control board is Ok,replacing the fuse several times,with a problem,can damage it
4 Do not know if boards will interchange
5 One of the Quadrafire people will surly reply here soon

The control boards are interchangeable, so you can test your suspect board in your other stove. Is the problem stove on a thermostat? Check the batteries in the thermostat and the connections.

Hello,

a tech from the local pellet stove dealer stopped by out of courtesy and he is stumped. He took the control box and tested it, we tested all the snap disks and the power source. The blower motor won’t even start when restarted

Test your combustion blower with an old lamp cord and plug into the wall. Then check that all the wires in the harness are good (no broken connections) there is a snap disc by the auger motor that has a resetable button make sure it is depressed and not open.

No if you don’t have any power. and the fuse by the reset button and call light is good and there is power to the fuse the only other thing is the fuse on the control board. Its not bad to change but does require some soldering skills.

remove the control box and separate the two Halves of the box. On the component side near the edge connections is a lil green fuse ( silk screened F1) test with a multimeter for continuity if it is open replace the fuse.

No if you don’t have any power. and the fuse by the reset button and call light is good and there is power to the fuse the only other thing is the fuse on the control board. Its not bad to change but does require some soldering skills.

remove the control box and separate the two Halves of the box. On the component side near the edge connections is a lil green fuse ( silk screened F1) test with a multimeter for continuity if it is open replace the fuse.
Eek that’s a little out of my skill set. The control board was tested at the local dealer and it was good. Would that still ring true about the control board fuse?
Also, I don’t know if power is going to the fuse.

I’m wondering, maybe you know. What if the junction box is bad? Could it be just a bad wire or maybe the whole box?

Yes, unplug the stove and check the wires from the wall all the way to the fuse and switches for continuity. Any cheap multimeter set to diode test will do

Think I'd check the wall outlet first (with a multimeter or a cheap 110 volt (Klein Tool) voltage tester to insure there IS power to the unit before going elsewhere and I presume you have a surge suppressor in line with your power cord and wall outlet?

You could have had a utility spike when you were gone. Don't have to be a storm at all. If utility crews are working on the lines between you and the source of your power, they could have caused a voltage spike that would cause you an issue. Electronics are sensitive with voltage spikes.

Question on these stoves- do they have a junction box and a separate control circuit board ?? Looking at diagram..

newbie can you plug a lamp into the socket that the stove uses to verify power there?

Question on these stoves- do they have a junction box and a separate control circuit board ?? Looking at diagram..

for the lack of a better word yes there is a box that the wire harness and card edge connector are located for access (control board is in a separate box and plugs into the edge connector)

this is from a cb1200 the 1200i is just slightly diff.
controlharness.jpg

Reactions: gfreek
Any update on this ??

Think I'd check the wall outlet first (with a multimeter or a cheap 110 volt (Klein Tool) voltage tester to insure there IS power to the unit before going elsewhere and I presume you have a surge suppressor in line with your power cord and wall outlet?

You could have had a utility spike when you were gone. Don't have to be a storm at all. If utility crews are working on the lines between you and the source of your power, they could have caused a voltage spike that would cause you an issue. Electronics are sensitive with voltage spikes.
Additionally, a good quality surge protector between the wall outlet and the stove power cord would have probably saved you a lot of grief..... and unplug the stove when it's summer out.

LOL I call BS on this thread, Read he posts.Read the answers.Just a thread to promote this website,too much illogical stuff.

Hello all! The holidays got me busy and I didn’t reply. Tech came out and said the fire holder was bad and the control box. I suspected the fuse holder but the control box didn’t make sense as another tech from the same store tested it and said it was good. I wasn’t home as I had to work but he told the person at my home that they didn’t test the control box as “deeply “ as he did. Oh well I have heat and it only cost $461... ugh. Thanks again for all the help!

Good to hear...Thanks for the update..