zoeconner Posted By zoeconner, May 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM

1. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    With the stove running look through the control side panel and see if the auger ever cahnges direction. If the cap went bad it could let the motor turn the wrong way

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. zoeconner

zoeconner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 1, 2019
    Loc:
    Ohio
    It looks correct. Its turning counter-clockwise for 7.5 secs.

3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Any idea what your auger "off time" is on your 1200 on high?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    I don’t, but i can test it tomorrow. I never run it on high lol

5. zoeconner

zoeconner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 1, 2019
    Loc:
    Ohio
    I dont see a different between high and low except for fan speed. Anyone have any info on the different times? Also one thing I did that made a huge difference I put a small restrictor plate at the end of pipe. From the get go I thought I was getting too much airflow and pellets burn to quickly. Now I'm getting taller flamed. Also how many bags do you think I would go through on high a day. This might get really expensive lol.

6. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    cycle times. The auger has an "On" time of 95 seconds at start up. So when you get the call for heat, the auger turns for 1:35 straight.
    High "on" time is 7.5 seconds off for 5.45 sec
    Med is on time 6 seconds off for 6.75 sec
    Low is on for 4.7 seconds off for 8.0 sec

I have adjusted the post to reflect the on / off timing, but if the auger doesn’t change it’s timing from low to high. You may have a control board issue. There are odd cases where the use of a damper on the stove is used to correct the burn rate and quad does make a damper kit. I actually have a damper in mine it has worked great for years.

7. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Updated timings in post above