Quadrafire CB1200i vacuum hose removal - clipped on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

borland2000

Oct 30, 2009
portland,me
Ive think my vacuum hose needs to be blown out (thanks to the wonderful people of this forum), however, I cant seem to get the hose off. As you can see in the photo it seem like that hose has a metal clamp that is holding it on. I cant pull it off? Should I cut the clip off (dremel?) or maybe just the hose, or another idea?
If I do go that route, willw the hose stay on afterward, or do I need another clamp (hose?)
Thanks to all,
JB

Attachments

• 123112082518.jpg
    123112082518.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 331
Check the underneath the clamp, There might be a release for it there. If that's you convection blower in the lower left I would clean asap.

Thanks, yes, I need a serious clean, which Im planning on, but first I need to fix the hose. There is nothing on back side of clamp, it seem like it was just crimped on. Should I just cut it out?

you could always use a stainless pipe clamp to hold it on if you have to dremel it off. They are about $2 at a home improvement store.

I would cut it as close as possible? If the hose is long enough, there should be no worries :)

Then put back on with no clamp.

All fixed. so I tried cutting it out, but didnt realize how think the clamp was, ended up cutting rubber, but there was enough of the nipple still left, so after blowing out hose, and reconnecting it works like a charm.
Also cleaned thing up thoroughly, Feel much better about life.
Happy new year all,
JB

Congrats. Make sure to add that to your end of the year (Spring Cleaning).

Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.