QuadraFire Combustion Motor Bearing Failure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.Shindig

Dec 27, 2010
rhode island
Hi, I have had this stove for 6 years now, it is a Castille Insert type. I burn 3-1/2 tons per season. We use this as a primary heat source so it runs fairly constant.
I have replaced the combustion motor 3 times due to bearing failure. The motor basically whines/squeals loudly. I regularly clean the entire system twice a season; remove motor from housing,vac and blow out and clean exhaust pipe and ports.
I have taken apart 1 of these Fasco motors to see if a bearing replacement was feasible. The bearings are a sealed type that come from...you guessed it China!
I understand that this failure is a result of extended heating and the bearings dry out.
Does anyone know if it is possible to lubricate these units or are there any suppliers of bearings of this type that are more durable AND can be lubricated?

Thanks! Capt.Shindig :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.