Quadrafire Controller? 10% feed increase/decrease

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

I had the sheet that had all the #'s on the Castile, Santa Fe, Classic Bay, and Mt. Vernon non AE, that dictated what # was 10% or 20% over or under factory settings?

I swapped phones and now my info sheet is SUPER small..... I can't read it and I was thinking about dropping the 10% or raising it 10%. I can run Low until about 10* outside. If I increase it that little bit, I may NEVER need Med again :) or if I decrease it 10% I could use Med more often with the gate closed a little bit??

I tried several searches over the last 2 weeks and can not find it. I thought B-Mod or Czech had posted it before? Maybe it was Jay? Unsure but I would like to have a sheet I can read again.

Thanks in advance.......

Dex

Here is the one I had??? Way to small to read.

Any help is appreciated

index-5.jpeg

I, too, am interested.
Does this just adjust the convection blower? Am looking for a way to increase convection blower fan only.

I, too, am interested.
Does this just adjust the convection blower? Am looking for a way to increase convection blower fan only.

No. This is fuel only (auger rate).

There is a Mod that many have done for the Santa Fe and Castile. You basically give the convection blower 120v so its on the High setting, regardless of heat setting (stove on low, but fan on High).

Member B-Mod amd Tjnamtiw have done this.

I looked over at the stack of papers "to be filed" and whallllahh! Scanner is not working the greatest but I can jpeg a pic. Also have one for the Heatilator series.

Eric

I looked over at the stack of papers "to be filed" and whallllahh! Scanner is not working the greatest but I can jpeg a pic. Also have one for the Heatilator series.

Eric
Care to share the one for Heatilator? ==c

Care to share the one for Heatilator? ==c

I texted it to the number I had on file. You really do not need to mess with the settings unles you move.

Eric

Been running the Mt Vernon -20% with feed gate open about half way for about half a day now.

Its still too small on my PC. When I increase the size it becomes unreadable

Did you click on the link from H2Ochild? Hit that link then click on the attachment that j-takeman posted. Its clear and can be zoomed up.. :)

I, too, am interested.

No.. This feed rate.

But... There is a mod that has been done by tjnamtiw and B-Mod. It requires running 110v to the snap disc (#1?) from a snap disc that has the 110v (#3).

These numbers come from the Santa Fe and Castile thread. But same general guidelines apply.

This makes the convection blower always run on High setting (110v). Regardless of heat setting. You can be on Low, but the blower will be on High/High.

Read here. Its continued further down through the thread with pics. But starts here Quadrafire Castile Experiment

Yea I got it. I tried downloading it and that was fuzzy but its fine from the link.

It appears that my control box does not do this. Its too old

Yea I got it. I tried downloading it and that was fuzzy but its fine from the link.

It appears that my control box does not do this. Its too old
Does your control box have two separate (red, green) LEDs on top? It seems that they added this feature to the newer boxes that have a single red/green/amber LED.

I have it in pdf format, but this forum won't let me load it! email me at [email protected] and I'll send it back to anyone who wants it.

I tried the 10%+ and was not impressed. If the pellets are so long that you need to overfeed from the factory settings or burn that bad the pellets need to be sold to someone else. I had some long pellets that were junk and quickly realized that it didn't take long to overfill the pot if the pellets were shorter from one bag to the next. It was really noticeable so I set it back and just left it on high burn with the slide fully open until I burned through the junk.

I only run on Low with my Quad. So the 10% is a welcomed addition.

That and my pot has never overfilled? Ever.

I changed it yesterday and the change is very little (10%) If I didnt measure temps, I wouldnt have noticed at all.

So far so good.

The Quad gets a break with this cold weather. The Fahrenheit is on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.