Quadrafire cycling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fmarshall04

Dec 31, 2017
Woodstock CT
We recently moved into a new house with a quadrafire stove. When I have heat output on 5 and temp on let's say 85-90 it seems to run then shut down, clean and restart. Probably at about 1-1.5 hrs. It repeats this again and again through out the day.

I'm currently running it at a lower output to see if it happens at medium. Is this normal? I've never had a pellet stove so I'm very ignorant to their ways. Thanks

If you are burning pellets on the utility setting, it will auto clean in 1.2 hours of running. If you are burning pellets on the hardwood setting, it will run for 2.1 hours before doing an auto clean. This is if the stove is running on high heat setting, which you did with setting 5. See if they left the manual there for the stove, If not, i would definitely download one from the Quad website, so you can read up and know your stoves functions. Esp. this one as it is the AE, and is complicated.kap