Quadrafire MT Vernon Auger adustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

eric_s

Jul 22, 2008
Rhode Island
I had to replace a failed auger motor and it works fine, but every so often it sounds like the auger binds and breaks free. Almost like a spring popping. Anyone have any thoughts? I pulled it and reseated it with no change. My other thoughtt, although less likely, is the metal photo sensor disc is causing it.
I couldn't find anything online about adjustment or how to setup the replacement motor to the auger so I just tried to set the gapping the same as the old.
Thanks in advance. À

If you are burning pellets, some of them can be a tad long and are being broken by the auger. As long as auger isn't hitting bottom of hopper, you should be fine. kap

Reactions: SidecarFlip
If you are burning pellets, some of them can be a tad long and are being broken by the auger. As long as auger isn't hitting bottom of hopper, you should be fine. kap
Thanks for the feedback.