Quadrafire mt vernon conv blower jam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Update. I disconnected the snap disc and crimped the fasteners better and put them back on, it started! Now it is in startup and the fan is running on high and is blowing out cold air. Is there a way to turn down the conv blower fan speed? It never did this before

And now it is reading max drop tube temp. And is shutting down. It never got out of ss low. One thing after another with this thing.

I will see if I can track down a snap disc tomorrow and a new harness. I dont know what else to try. As soon as there is any flame it throws the overheat error and the conv blower is running like the stove is hot. Is is pretty cold actually, not blowing out any heat.

Driving me nuts too. Conv. fan has to get signal from droptube thermocouple to run, and it sends signal from heat. The more heat, the faster the fan runs

So which controller would sense an overheat and shut down the unit? The drop tube is cold. Could the fan on high be the board on the wall not being compatible with the new control board?

The snap disc. And wall control shouldn't matter. If it was old enough, it just wouldn't be able to access some of the newer features like elevation, etc

Yes. Just don't ground anything

And double check that you didn't swap the drop tube thermos and firepot thermos around, and that they are on the right direction

Looked at the schematic looks like I had them switched. That would make sense why the conv blower would run on high the whole time. It is starting up, but I have lost faith in it. Will see how it cycles.

Exactly. Reversed it would fire conv. fan and pull a max. kap

Thanks very much for all your help Kap! House is almost up to temp. Just worried about the conv motor shutting down with jam code again, but we will see.

I got more gray hairs and a bunch of brain cells, that have gone on strike over this. kap

So this is what I did. Replaced conv blower (old one still good), replaced td thermo, replaced control board, rewired control board :), crimped end on snap disc connectors (fixed that problem), jumped out both door interlocks (have to fix those yet) and now it appears to be working!

Glad it is. Just be sure to unplug stove before fixing wires, so you don't short something out, and we start all over. lol Stay warm. kap

I think I aged another 3 years following this thread. I think I would have pulled out all my hair, broke some windows,punched holes in the wall. I would have hauled the damn thing to the nearest cliff and pushed it off,

I almost did all of those things...
I didn't post it on this thread, but after everything I did I got a vacuum sw error. So had to clean that system out too