Quadrafire mt vernon conv blower jam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes but then you have cut wires that will need to be repaired later, or spliced back together to be able to use the connections again. kap

Or buy new wire harness for em, kap

That doesn't make any sense. With the wires jumped, the icons should go away as there is continuity. Have you pulled the connection on the control board that is the end of these wires, and reseated it? Try popping the face off the wall control

That doesn't make any sense. With the wires jumped, the icons should go away as there is continuity. Have you pulled the connection on the control board that is the end of these wires, and reseated it? Try popping the face off the wall control
Yup, tried both of those. Think the control board might be bad? Pretty expensive part to replace.

I don't know. But only thing left. Hate just throwing parts at it. But only thing left. And yes they are expensive. Wish I lived closer as I have a spare. Where or who did you buy it from? If a store, did they give any warranty with it? kap

I have had it a long time. Manufacture date is 2007. Will the board SRV700-456 replace my 450-15-0931? The shop I bought it from closed down years ago. How close are you to Western NY??

LOL Iowa isn't very close to you. 456C was last revision I knew of but I think they came out with a D too. kap

Just unplug stove, unplug wire harness's from old board, plug into new board and good to go

Well, this is going from bad to worse. Nobody has the part locally, so I had a plumber come out to get my furnace going. The propane line from the tank to the house is frozen. Not a good weekend....

Just for giggles, try jumping the vac switch wires together and see if icons disappear on wall control.Just be sure to not ground them on stove. kap

And did you wire together each switch wires separate? Did you check the wire harness for these switches for a place that got grounded or anything? Did you ever replace the wire harness from control board to conv. fan? kap

Remember that the wire harness connections are very fragile, and don't forget to unplug stove. kap

Thanks Kap. Stove has been unplugged since Friday. I got lucky, it was 60 here today. Going to take a picture of where the wires connect to the current board so I dont mess up the new one.

Time to check the snap disc and wire harness. Did it trip from getting too hot, or come up before a a fire, or before anything? kap

Came up before anything. I changed the control board and the open doors errors are gone, now I get snap disc tripped and then conv blower jammed a few seconds later. It never had a chance to start.

Wire harness's or bad disc to start with or needs to be reset, which might clear the conv. jam error also

Last edited: