Quadrafire parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cbww

Sep 6, 2021
CT
I have a quadrafire 4300 step top that I bought in 2001. It has a steel baffle that I need to replace due to some warpage. Where can I find this and is it still made? Is there a ceramic alternative to the steel?

The metal baffle was replaced with ceramic baffle boards and a ceramic blanket on top quite a while ago. Verify dimensions, but I would think they would fit. This is the parts diagram for the 2008 4300 steptop.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 9.48.45 AM.png

Since I posted this question- I found my original purchase receipt and I have a 3100 step top. My apologies. Looks like I have a space around 16 wide and 15-151/2" deep. Has anyone ever put the ceramics in place over the steel? I dont see why it would not work but hate to buy the parts to have it not or be some sort of risk. Its our main heat source.

Same deal. By 2008 Quadrafire had gone to a 2 piece fiberboard baffle with insulation blanket on top in the 3100.

ok so another question- On my stove, the 2001 3100, The steel baffle sits on top of the air box that the three air pipes come out of across the top of the stove. So there is an air space above the three air pipes to the underside of the steel baffle. The steel baffle measures 18" wide by 15 1/2" deep. Do the new ceramic baffles or fiber board baffles sit directly on top of the air pipes? The dimesnions of the fiberboard make me think that they do. I also have an alignment pin welded to the back of the stove, behind the last air pipe that had a corresponding hole drilled into the steel plate. Ive seen single piece baffles for the new 3100 at 15.9 by 12.3 . With the difference of dimensions of the current steel baffle to the new fiberboard ones- makes me worried about changing it out and having issues.

I have a 2020 Quadra-Fire Trekker pellet stove and they have already quit making the thermostat the dealer broke for me. They make a new replacement version but I've been waiting 1.5 months for them to ship it. I still have no idea when it will be here.

Good luck finding parts for a Quadra-Fire.

Parts supply chains are having issues with all stoves right now. Raiding every Quad thread to gripe is bad form and contrary to forum rules.