Quadrafire Santa Fe auger has no voltage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

YellowstoneYeti

Oct 10, 2021
Montana
I have a Santa Fe pellet stove that won't start up. I recently did a thorough cleaning of the whole stove. While I was at it, I replaced the thermocouple. On the first startup of the year, the auger will not turn. I checked and I am not getting any voltage to the auger. On power-up, I get the blue flashes, the call light is on and the combustion blower comes on. I cleaned all of the connections, including the control box. I have jumpered around both the vacuum switch and snap switch #2. I jumpered the thermostat. I even tried putting the old thermocouple back in. I suspect it is a bad control box but I don't have one to swap in to try. At nearly $300, I want to make sure that is my problem. Is there any way to test the control box? Does anyone have anything else to try before I spring for a new control box? Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Did you replace the thermocouple with an aftermarket one? From reading the reviews they are notorious for destroying the control boxes. Especially the pelletheads brand.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Try unplugging the stove. Then pull the control box out and reseat it. Plug stove back in and see if it helped. Sometimes the control box can work loose just enough, or get bumped or jarred loose enough. If you know someone with another 3 speed stove, you can try your box in their stove, or if you have a dealer capable of testing it. kap

Try unplugging the stove. Then pull the control box out and reseat it. Plug stove back in and see if it helped. Sometimes the control box can work loose just enough, or get bumped or jarred loose enough. If you know someone with another 3 speed stove, you can try your box in their stove, or if you have a dealer capable of testing it. kap
Hi Kap, nice to see you are around..... So is Firepot Pete. Old timers like us never go away... LOL, Daryl

Reactions: kappel15
Do you have a reset button on the back of your stove? If so try hitting it a few times. I have an eco choice ps35 ( same stove as you basically) and that has helped me in similar situations. If that fails it could very well be the control box, which I have had to replace.