Quebec woman badly burned refuelling pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corny

Oct 17, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm sure that there's more to the story than published on CBC news today. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/12/28/ottawa-woman-burned-128.html

Nevertheless, it reminds us to work and play safely around our stoves and to keep the woman and her family in our prayers.

"Quebec woman badly burned refuelling stove
Last Updated: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | 5:01 PM ET Comments4Recommend2CBC News
A western Quebec woman is in hospital after suffering serious burns Tuesday when her clothes caught fire at a stove.

Quebec firefighters said the woman, 72, was refilling her wood pellet stove in the town of Namur, about 100 kilometres northeast of Ottawa.

The woman suffered third-degree burns to 60 per cent of her body, firefighters said.

She was taken to hospital, where she is listed in critical condition."

That's terrible news but as you said I'm betting
there's far more to that story then what they're saying.

My elderly uncle died from Burns when ashes he was carrying from his woodstove flared up and caught his jacket on fire...

That is so sad!! Knee mail is going up for this lady.

Krooser, I'm so sorry about your Uncle.

Just read this, very sad indeed.

My bet is that she was leaning over the front of the stove and her clothes. (likely some flimsy flamable night clothes)
The front of the stove, "Glass, door and such" caused the clothes to catch fire and WOOOOOF.

I doooooo hope she comes out OK.

Snowy

Typical CBC news... no story whatsoever... why even bother writing more than just the title??
Like the OP said theres probably more to the story, but its a terrible accident and I hope the lady will be okay.

Yes. of course it is sad...but what it (and others like it) will lead to is the stinkin' Feds (and lawyers) getting their weiners into the soup and screwing up pellet stoves for everyone. Gotta make everything "sailor-proof" since people have no common sense and when they exhibit lack of such so many slimy laywers will be right there to sue the copmanies out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.