Question About Lopi Freedom Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
So as I am unpacking the new stove, I came across a roll of insulating material. Where would this be used? The manual has nothing about it.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, i was told it was for people who don't get a full liner all the way up the chimney and need it air tight at the bottom-- this is per the dealer

Since I have two Lopi Freedom owners in one place here, I have a question. Do either of you notice any door sag on your stoves? Mine goes slightly downhill hanging lower on the handle side by about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. When I close my door I have to pull up on it to get it to close level so it gets a good seal. I wanted the dealer to fix it but they never really did anything. Is this just a known issue with the Freedom or do I have a defective stove. I just bought it last year so it has only been used for one season so far. Just fired it up for the fist time this season the other day. It works well except for the door issue.

ksting said:
Since I have two Lopi Freedom owners in one place here, I have a question. Do either of you notice any door sag on your stoves? Mine goes slightly downhill hanging lower on the handle side by about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. When I close my door I have to pull up on it to get it to close level so it gets a good seal. I wanted the dealer to fix it but they never really did anything. Is this just a known issue with the Freedom or do I have a defective stove. I just bought it last year so it has only been used for one season so far. Just fired it up for the fist time this season the other day. It works well except for the door issue.

Anyone gonna respond to me??

ksting said:

I have the Freedom Bay. My door looks right to me, but the thing I noticed it that on the bottom left corner I have about a 1/8 gap where the gasket doesn't seal 100%. Something I didn't notice till after about a months uses. The one thing the warranty doesn't cover is... the gasket. However your's should be covered.. If the dealer doesn't do anything I'd e-mail Traves Industries and ask for some warranty help.

atvdave said:
ksting said:

I have the Freedom Bay. My door looks right to me, but the thing I noticed it that on the bottom left corner I have about a 1/8 gap where the gasket doesn't seal 100%. Something I didn't notice till after about a months uses. The one thing the warranty doesn't cover is... the gasket. However your's should be covered.. If the dealer doesn't do anything I'd e-mail Traves Industries and ask for some warranty help.

How can you keep your temperatures in check with a gap in your door? My Revere had no gaps, but wasn't sealed good on the gasket and it almost got away from me.

The gap is only in the very bottom left corner, no more than 1/4 long, and it's more like a 1/16 gap instead of a 1/8. However I am new at this wood heat stuff. Other than a wood fire place this is the first time I have ever used a wood burner. Can I just cut a small piece of gasket material and glue it in the small area?, or will I have to replace the whole gasket?

My fire never gets away from me, in fact there are times when I wish it would fire a bit more. but any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

It's not much harder to replace the entire gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.